Marvel Super Heroes

Is this it? The game everyone can agree on? Or is it simply a silly 80s kids game?

It certainly seems as if it touches all the bases. It’s one of the earliest systems to incorporate karma (and may even have introduced the term), which should make indie gamers feel warm and fuzzy. There are always enough figurines on the map to satisfy mini afficionados. And it’s old enough to find the approval of even the curmudgeonliest old schooler. Applecline says it’s “generally considered to be one of TSR’s best games.” Is this the one that brings all schools of RPG thought together, the elusive answer to Unified RPG Theory?

On the other hand, the rulebook is narrated by Spider-man and the Thing, so perhaps expectations shouldn’t be too high … :mrgreen:

What do you have against the ever loving blue-eyed thing?

Seriously, I have been wanting to play since I read the advertissment at a back of a comic book when it first came out, all these years ago…

Also, if minis are needed, I should have some heroclix that might do the job…

I have a handful that I’ll look through, but I’ll drop you a line if there’s anythng I’m missing. Thanks!

And drop me a line if you have any special character requests; otherwise, I’ll provide default characters.

Awww stupid holidays… I want in on this :frowning:

If this is truly everybody’s childhood dream, there are no hard and fast rules against playing again.

done :mrgreen:

[quote="-H-"]

And drop me a line if you have any special character requests; otherwise, I’ll provide default characters.[/quote]

I was wondering about this… The game seems to have a four colours feel…

I am not quite familiar with the system so I don’t know how characters are rolled, although I am sure that It is simpler than most super-hero games I have tried…

If you’ve got a Tom kind of character that’d be cool :smiley:

A super strong tank, then?

[quote=“Simon”]I was wondering about this… The game seems to have a four colours feel…

I am not quite familiar with the system so I don’t know how characters are rolled, although I am sure that It is simpler than most super-hero games I have tried…[/quote]
Option 1: Let me know which Marvel character you wish to play. Just about anything is fine with me, although cosmic power levels and pure parody are probably best avoided.

Option 2: Create your own character when we get together. The system isn’t H Engine simple, but it won’t take forever, either.

Option 3: Let fate (with a little help from the DM) deal you a character.

The bruiser kind or the shooty kind? :smiley:

Incidentally, the sweet spot for this is four players.

That’s always the hardest decision for me. :open_mouth:
Just kidding, whatever fits better.

[quote="-H-"]

The bruiser kind or the shooty kind? :smiley: .[/quote]
just a suggestion

Luke Cage/Power Man ?

comicvine.com/luke-cage/4005-1450/

Is there a Luke Cage movie in the work?
That’d be so exciting!

[quote=“Simon”]Is there a Luke Cage movie in the work?
That’d be so exciting![/quote]
look at the date :wink:

The description sounds cool. But I think we all know how much of an ‘unending determination to do right’ kind of guy I am, don’t we?

jop, but he is a street smarts and is not above going against the law, when he fights for the common man, especially if he has to protect his family (or friends)
so his ‘determination to do right’ has led to some troubles from time to time.

… I also suggested the character since Luke Cage is part of the New Avengers and the character I want to play has a background connection with him.

Alright. Luke it is, then.

… other bruisers, who are in my opinion, interresting character wise are She-Hulk, Big Bertha and The Thing

Actually Ben Grimm (I’m a fan :smiley: ) would have been my first choice but then I thought some of you guys wanted to create their own characters and so I didn’t wanna pick one of the most known ones.