Looking for players

Hey again. Long time, I know, I know.

Between the Rollenspieltreff Simmering, Work and some RL bullshit I frankly have completely forgotten about this place here. My bad.

Anyways, I’ve been RPing, more or less on-off-like, a bit to alot lately and one recurring theme that happened is that the group just didn’t work out.
Different play-styles, personalities that clashed and goals just kept grinding our collective gears and ultimately led to a drought for us.
We’ve tried switching systems, time and time again, but in the end it was clear that people were not having a problem with the system. More with each other.

So me and a friend of mine, who happens to sometimes be Co-GM, GM or just play, depending on the game/setting, are looking for new players.

As much as I’d like to say we are looking for players for Cthulhu Tech or GEIST - The Sin-Eaters, we don’t really mind overly much what setting is chosen.

O = Owning the book(s)
P = Played the game/setting
GM = Gamemastered

Mechwarrior (O, P, GM)
Paranoia (O, P)
Dungeons & Dragons 3.0, 3.5, Pathfinder (O, P, GM)
Opus Anima (O, GM)
Degenesis (O)
Engel (O, GM)
Shadowrun 4th Ed. (O, P)
Call of Cthulhu (O, P, GM)
Cthulhu-Tech (O, P, GM)
Vampire - The Masquerade (O, P, GM)
Vampire - The Requiem (O)
Mage - The Ascension (O, P, GM)
Mage - The Awakening (O)
Werewolf - The Apocalypse (O)
Werewolf - The Forsaken (O)
Wraith - The Oblivion (O)
Orpheus (O, GM)
Geist - The Sin Eaters (O, GM)
Hunter - The Reckogning (O)
Hunter - The Vigil (O)
Mortal (O)
Demon - The Fallen (O, GM)
Warhammer Fantasy (O)
Warhammer 40K - Dark Heresy (O, P)
Warhammer 40K - Rogue Trader (O, currently mastering)
Warhammer 40K - Deathwatch (O, P)
Warhammer 40K - Black Crusade (O)
Warhammer 40K - Only War (O)

These are the games I can bring to the table mind you. There are always more options.

Anyways, if you want to give me a ring on skype (since it’s way more reliable to catch my attention… my days of checking forums every half-day are kinda over) my nick is, butterfingerfranz

Or you could respond here and maybe I happen to be checking in for a change. I’m horrible like that. Apologies in advance.

Maybe it would help if you gave a few infos about what problems you had in the old group, and which playstyles you and your buddy prefer. So that potential players could get an idea whether it’s them you might want.

Like, in the old group, was it a “powergamer vs. story-oriented” conflict? Was it out-of-game problems (ex-lovers hostilities, overly dominant attention hogs, what?)… and on which side of it did you and your buddy come down?

Most importantly, what playstyles, and what player personality types are you looking for now?
Cooperative storytelling? Competitive problem solving? Easygoing, fast and loose fun, or deeply involved serious business stuff?

It’s important to know what you would enjoy.

A harmonious group begins with player selection, after all - and a good fit of people’s ideas and agendas for the game. :slight_smile:

Good points, those… In principle, I’d be up for joining a regular campaign. But depends on timing, too.