Looking for beginner friendly groups : )

hi!
im luna and looking for a group to join this spring :slight_smile: i was in art school in denmark last semester and since i was surrounded by a bunch of nerds, i - inevitably - got into dnd. One of my classmates made a campaign for beginners and we played Lost Mines of Phandelver - and it was really fun. So now Iā€™m back in Vienna for a while and I find myself wanting to play DnD again !! Even though i played it once already, I would still say im relatively new to it and still get very overwhelmed, which is why iā€™m looking for a beginner friendly group.
(I also donā€™t know how this website works but I will figure out :ā€™)
anyways, iā€™d be happy to hear from people ! have a nice day everyone :blush:

4 Likes

Hi & welcome to our little community :slight_smile:

we also run open weekly D&D games called V.A.L.U.E. (thatā€™s our version of Adventurerā€™s League)
(just right now there is a bit of a break)

those have proven to be a great recruiting ground

happy gaming :game_die:

1 Like

also there was one DM posting today that they are looking for a group
:point_right: here

2 Likes

If youā€™re looking for a beginner-friendly game, we play an earlier version of D&D whose rules are significantly simpler than 5th Ed. If that sounds like what youā€™re looking for, just drop me a line. Cheers!

1 Like

hi! thank u for your reply! that sounds really cool and iā€™d be interested! I would love some more infos- Unfortunately i dont know how to message someone on this site or if that is even possible ?

THAC0 and me would agree to disagree
but jokes aside @H is a great dm

click on their profile name to enlarge it,
then a blue turquoise :email: MESSAGE button should emerge

you could also click on your icon on the top right corner,
there a :email: sign should pop up

1 Like

Hey! I am currently looking for a group as well. I have never played DnD before, but did play some other pen and paper games. If you guys have room for another player I would be thrilled! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Considering the shift in timeslots: how about an open T1 campaign, start at Level 1 and see where it leads?

Hi,

Iā€™m also looking for a longer campaign. Preferably 5e, on Saturday.

1 Like

The 5th ed PHB alone has like 5 times the page count of the entire Basic rules ā€¦

And, er, thank you. Very much back at you.

Pretty sure itā€™s a 4th level spell. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@H i wanna join too, but jesus, its impossible for me to find the mail button.

private messages are disabled for new forum members until they ā€œearnā€ the ā€˜Basicā€™ badge (discourse trust level 1 - more info on that can be found here)

1 Like

my saviour! gracias, mate.

Iā€™m playing a beginner adventure today at 20:00. Iā€™ll dm the details.

1 Like