Introduction

Hello, my name is Nick and I’m an American currently living in Vienna and I’m looking to get into playing. I’ve never played before and literally know nothing about rules or anything of the sort. I see that you play all different types of RPGs but I was mainly looking for D&D but I am open to anything to start my journey off. Thanks!

Hello Nic and welcome!

Yes, we currently have a pretty successful weekly(ish) meeting at the Spielbar.
People run all sorts of games there, it varies from week to week. We have run a few D&D games there…

The games for next week (Thursday the 1st) have not been announced yet… But if you are eager of giving D&D a try, I can always try to get a 5th edition game ready for then…
No promise yet, as I have no idea yet of what it would be about… Presumably an old fashioned dungeon crawl…

Thanks Simon, and that would be awesome! Although I’ll have to check my schedule for this Thursday to make sure I am not working

Ok, let me know, I will wait for a week when you actually are here :smiley:

Unfortunately I won’t be able to make it this thursday, but I will be sure to inform you when I can :slight_smile:

Sure thing.

Any excuse to run a D&D game…

Hello, guys! My name is Evgeny and I from Russia. In Russia I played D&D 3.5, 5 edition.
So, I have a few questions: do you have regular party? Regular master? What edition you played?
Can I join to you?

Good morning Evegeni!

We have a regular weekly(ish) meeting at the Spielbar (here is the thread for this week’s meeting).
It is nice to announce your presence on the thread a bit in advance, to help with the organization, for the DMs to print character sheets for example, but we have never turned any player away.

There, games are more like a series of one-shot and systems vary from one week to the other. It is a good place for people that can’t commit to a regular campaign and to try new games and even for new DMs to try their hands on the other (dark) side of the screen…

There are also other groups that play in a sustained campaign. From time to time, new groups form and/or recruits new members…
At least a couple of these groups actually started at the Spielbar with people playing together on the Thursday group and then deciding to have a more regular campaign on the side…

Good luck and maybe see you around!