Intro tiiiime- hi everyone 🌈

hi everyone! my name is Z (like Jay-Z without the Jay part ;)) and my pronouns are he/they. iā€˜m excited to join the community! i’ve previously played in a shortish campaign and did a couple of one shots with friends.

I reaally enjoy watching Dimesion20 and CR4 (i came to love Dnd through Brennan’s Dm’ing) and so I especially like a mix of sillyness and heartfelt roleplay. I come from an acting background so Dnd is like the best of both worlds for people like me who love improv and board games hehe!

looking forward to meeting even more lovely people (as i was lucky to join a table spontaneously tonight!) and especially happy to play with other queer folks and Flinta, but of course open to having an adventure with everyone! (: theme-wise iā€˜m into regular fantasy, pirates stuff, fables, vampires and more silly things like animal/nature and highschool/uni settings. and i speak english and german fluently.

cheers, Z :seedling:

ps. why do so many people here not have themselves as profile pictures or their names displayed? its really hard to even pinpoint who the people are that i played with yesterday haha yall are just anon af over here?:sweat_smile::hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:t3:

10 Likes

welcome!

1 Like

welcome welcome :heart: :waving_hand: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey, there,

I’m currently building a playgroup where I will DM Daggerheart on Sundays at 16:00 starting next week.

What setting exactly has not been set in stone yet as I am still cobbling a group together.

We are mostly Flinta people, definitely all queer. If you are interested DM me and I’ll give you more infos.

1 Like

hii danny! that sounds fun af! i have never played daggerheart before and i think i dont have the time/energy to learn a new system atm. but if you ever do a dnd session i would love to join!! <3

1 Like

Welcome, welcome :waving_hand:

For your question about profile pics. For me it was mostly about anonymity. I didn’t want my identity to be somehow visible to some people I know. Mostly for safety reasons, ranging from bad relationships to family knowing that I’m not the ā€œnormal straight womanā€ they believe me to be. The toad can not convey any gender expectations, except that I like frogs, and BufoBufo is just the scientific name for that toad. The picture is even from wikipedia, since I wanted a picture where the origin could not determine anything foundational about me. It sounds a bit overly paranoid but it was a during a hard time for me. I also don’t like having pictures of myself online, also for security reasons.

Some people also just like names and weird pictures I guess.

1 Like

ah yes i totally get that for safety and/or anonymous reasons! :slight_smile: iā€˜m just surprised that its so many people who dont have any identifiying info because then its hard to know who the people are that you would like to play with again when its time to sign up for games. but i guess i just have to ask for usernames from now on

You also just kind of figure out who is who after participating a couple of times - I used to keep a list for real names and forum names but kind of stopped because I remembered both the people I enjoyed playing with and the people I didn’t. For me, not having a picture isn’t something I really thought about very hard but more a ā€œin a professional work context I need pictures but in my private life I can just have stuff I think is funā€.

Also, growing up in pre-social media times, sharing pictures on the internet was a huge no-go, but forums, avatars, and other profile pics were all the rage :smiley: (though all of bufo’s points apply now that I have read them)

Sorry about the anonymity, Z; it is not just tech-reluctance, laziness plays a huge part in it, too. But you sat next to me last night! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Glad I was not the only newbie. :head_shaking_vertically:

1 Like

My pfp is a Flumph cause despite being abberations, they are super adorable and they are emotion detectors, glowing in different colors depending on the feelings they sense from ppl/creatures around them.

And last but not least one of my background characters of two of my chars, is an all powerful flumph who serves as both a patron to warlocks as well as a sorcerous progenitor :woman_mage:

3 Likes

hehe nice :head_shaking_vertically:

I find it more useful to put face-to-forumID when you meet people in person - I try to do that at the start of any game I run for just this reason and - people are understanding if you ask them what they use here or on discord.

But basically yes, anon by default because, like, have you seen the internet recently?