Hi there

Hi,

I came across this forum while looking for game shops and groups in Vienna. I’m 26 years old and will move to Vienna in mid October. Have played in an English speaking 4e group in the states for a while, but my mother tongue is German.

Anyways, I’m looking for a p&p gaming group to play (player or GM) dungeoncrawlish 4e or Pathfinder. Also, playtesting 13th Age got me stoked and I’d like to kick off a small campaign.

Aside from that, I’m very interested in all sorts of Indie games (e.g. Primetime Adventures, Dogs in the Vineyard, Fiasco etc). Unfortunatelly I wasn’t very lucky finding some folks to play any of these games lately. So anyone who’s interested in these kind of games… please let me know!

Oh, and then there’s this Eclipse Phase campaign that has been brooding in my mind for quite some time now and needs to be played… :wink:

Best

He!
Welcome!

I am also a European that lived in the States, and I even did play a bit of 4th Ed. over there too! Where were you?

I am currently in a group, but I am always receptive for some more occasional gaming…
I have read 13th age to and was not all that impressed, to be hones, I have read a bit of D&D next which is also undergoing playtesting and that seem interesting too…

Anyway, welcome and I am sure we’ll have the opportunity to game once you arrive in Vienna!

I was in Portland. Where’ve you been?

What did you not like in 13th Age? Sure, it’s far from perfect and won’t be a substitution for my 4e games… but I don’t really expect all that much from the next D&D (from what I read in an early version they published and on the internet). And 13th Age will definitely be my system of choice for the next fantasy oriented campaign since my first enthusiasm over Savage Worlds has worn off over the last 2 years and it’s time for something new.

Thanks for your welcome. I’d like to game sometime! Does Vienna have an RPG con? All I can find is the one connected to Planet Harry, which apparently is not taking place this year…

Welcome Alrik :slight_smile: nice to meet you.

[quote=“Alrik”]I was in Portland. Where’ve you been?

What did you not like in 13th Age? Sure, it’s far from perfect and won’t be a substitution for my 4e games… but I don’t really expect all that much from the next D&D (from what I read in an early version they published and on the internet). And 13th Age will definitely be my system of choice for the next fantasy oriented campaign since my first enthusiasm over Savage Worlds has worn off over the last 2 years and it’s time for something new.

Thanks for your welcome. I’d like to game sometime! Does Vienna have an RPG con? All I can find is the one connected to Planet Harry, which apparently is not taking place this year…[/quote]

I am not really sure. The setting was kinda unappealing, to begin with, and too consyraining for my tastes. I seemed to recall the skill system beig overy simplistic for my taste and while I like the power syste, I have 4th ed for that and it does.a good job of it…

[quote=“Alrik”]I was in Portland. Where’ve you been?

[/quote]

Which Portland?

Imma 100% American, myself. DC and Boston.

Yeah, I was in Mississipi.

Someone who likes both 4th ed. and indies? Isn’t that specifically banned? :smiley:

Anyway, I’m always up for trying some new indies. We had a pretty fun Dread session a while back, and there are plenty that I’d still like to inflict on people … er, I mean, try out.

The one where young people go to retire.

I was afraid someone would say that… :blush: :laughing:

The one where young people go to retire.

Now, see, that doesn’t clear it up AT ALL. Maine or Oregon, dammit?!

Oregon. I was refering to this. Didn’t know the one in Maine has the same rep.

Oh, my yes. They are actually surprisingly similar.

Haha, so it’s all in the name :laughing: