Hello RPG Community Vienna

My name is Nicolas and i play Roleplaying games since… wait a minute, i can not call that playing. I was dm for about 5 hours in a Pathfinder campaign. That´s it. I would love to play D&D 5e or Pathfinder, hopefully as player because i would like to experience a good GM.
At the time I am pretty young for my hobby. (close to 15)
All people in my Age are not interested in this hobby and think it is ´´Childish´´(how ironic).
I have mediocre to good english skills and would also love to talk wit some native speakers(=

PS: I love it that this site is in English(=

2 Likes

Well hello Dr.Zucker^^
I welcome you to this site and hope someone will find a space in their group for you.

Also there are “meetings” nearly each Thursday but I do not know how much good they will do you since they are rather long and I know my parents wouldn’t let me get into a bar full of nerdy strangers xD

BUT if you can make it I bet you will have a blast^^; each Thursday has its own thread

My Parents are pretty cool about it. I even got to host a 3 hour session (my only real life one) with adult stranger´s.
They are pretty chill about it. I will try to visit one day. Probably next week(=

welcome to the community, hope you’ll find a group that matches your wants and your schedule :slight_smile:

Welcome to the community.
As mentioned, we have regular sessions on Thursdays, although they tend to get interrupted during the holidays.
D&D is VERY popular these days (for good reasons) and we have new groups popping up like myconids every few weeks

I really can’t commit to DM yet another D&D campaign but I would be happy to DM some one shots when I come back if you still haven’t found a group

That would be very kind(=
I found a meet up in simmering that is on Thursday, so now i do not know where to go )=
Next Thursday everyone is probably doing some Christmas stuff, sooo i could come to you this Thursday or some other in December or January.

But do they play in English? And have players from all over Europe and a large bit of the rest of the world? And if yes… can you let us know? I mean, variety: it’s the spice of gaming.

1 Like

As @Simon mentioned, mid-to-late-December sucks for attendance at Spielbar (and in most of my regular campaigns) as so many people are visiting home and/or having friends visit here. And this coming Thursday is also Star Wars. But we should be back to normal definitely by January 18, if not by the 11th.

I am to 98% sure there are only people from Austria and we play in german.
And SpielBar looks like it is only 16+ (because drinks).
I would love to visit you(=

actually spielbar’s mainpurpose is not serving alcohol, so the viennese youth protection laws would allow a person between 14 and 16 years to stay there until 1:00 am (well you’d have to leave sooner, as you shouldn’t be out at that time without an adult anyways and you would need to get home somehow too :smiley: )

1 Like

That is perfect (=

seeing as @Sarah liked my post up there, she’s the one exception to it, one day she’ll drink poor spielbar dry (if she ever gets the funds to do that)

1 Like

Are you saying my main purpose is to drink? I feel offended and not only because I do in fact have the funds to drink the Spielbar dry. 98% of the reason for my attendance is to play and hang out. :grin:

1 Like

it’s not like drinking excludes the possibility of hanging out and/or playing :smiley:

and to the feeling offended part, the truth hurts i’ve been told :slight_smile:

Well there you go. I’ve also been told that I am more fun when slightly tipsy.
And the truth does indeed hurt but that wasn’t the truth so much as slander:smiley: