Hello, hello (-and a happy new year)

Seeing as it is the new year, I have decided to finally bite the bullet (aka, overcome the beast I call anxiety) and introduce myself on here. I am 30 yrs old (they/them,she/her) and discovered DnD about three years ago. I’ve been exclusively playing online with a group of friends that is scattered across the globe (the current campaign is set within the Critical Role world of Tal’Dorei) - a fun but somewhat isolating experience.

I decided to see if there are any DnD-related groups in my immediate area to get out of my comfort zone just a bit, which is how I ended up here - I have yet to join the Discord server, being brave is not my strong suit. I hope to eventually find a group to play with regularly, but I am in no hurry and just happy to explore this place for now. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hello and welcome,

if you live in/near Vienna you can always join our open VALUE meetings on Fridays and sometimes Saturdays. They are mostly one shots but some campaigns have started here (I found almost all my campaigns here, and found a lot of players there)

You can also look around here, right now there are no DM/GMs looking (as far as I know) but there are often people watching.

2 Likes

Thank you for your help! :slight_smile: The VALUE meetings seem like a good place to start.

1 Like

Nice to meet you Spacepotato!

I can totally relate to your anxiety. All I can say is that everyone here and at the VALUE games is super open, friendly, and inclusive. I know it feels strange to meet with ‘strangers’ to play DnD. I was in a similar place not too long ago and have since met amazing people. If it makes you feel less anxious to know somebody there, you can reach out to me on Discord :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you, that is very sweet! It does make me feel a lot better to know I am not alone with my apprehension :slight_smile: I may take you up on the offer to reach out on Discord, thank you, again! :smile: