Halloween game?

Sorry, bút I won’t be able to come :frowning:See you on friday!

Oo … spooky!

Giant table reserved for tomorrow. See you all there!

Ed.: No! Not tomorrow! Tonight!

tomorrow? today is Wednesday the 30th :stuck_out_tongue:

See, this is why I love this decade. Previously, I would have to fess up to being temporally confused and having no clue what day of the week it is. Now, I can blame autocorrect!

Anyway, giant table reserved for tonight. See you all there!

1 Like

Sounds cool! will be there :slight_smile:

I don’t think I can make it tonight after all but kill some Native villagers for me.

Noooo!

(seriously, you’d love my costume)

all native villagers were locked up in an upstairs hallway playing dnd 5e … hope that is sufficient

2 Likes

Who were renamed as “Pete”

nope not Pete … “Paul” :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for everyone who joined yesterday and for the game!
A few questions to @H:
1.) How should we get through the bouncer?
2.) Which area should have been leading to the bridge?
3.) Were there really an urban legend about hiding dangerous items into Halloween treats?
Finally:
4.) Shall Dr. van E.Will return next year?

I can give it a try (and see if I’m right)

1. “get ID from dead policeman” got me a stupid badge. We should have searched the body again for a regular ID and used that.
  2. somewhere off main street I’d have to guess, but my non-authoritative map got jumbled quite a bit as hearing all commands during bingo night was hard.
  3. I think we scared him off for good with the empty revolver! Also, with all the fires raging, the town should positively be spider-free! Yay!

1.) Well, offering an ID might be slightly more polite, but homicide gets the point across, too.

2.) Turn onto Main, go past the Dunkies and on until you hit the bridge. Although it’s entirely possible that as the evening progressed, the geography of the town became slightly muddled.

3.) Yes. This was a common story, usually featuring needles or razor blades, with all kinds of weird repercussions, from hospitals offering to x-ray kids’ Halloween loot all the way to attempts to shut down trick-or-treating entirely. It probably also accelerated the shift from homemade treats to packaged candy, as some people wound up tossing anything without a plastic wrapper. Kind of a shame, really.

The tale is so pervasive that this was one of the first things I added to the scenario. In hindsight, however, while the tainted-food-from-strangers fear is apparently somewhat universal (just ask Snow White), this specific instance was probably too US-specific to use as a puzzle. Apologies.

4.) Only one way to find out … see you next year!

Happy Upstairs Hall-oween, everybody!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.