Girl on fire! Desperately lookin for a group

Hi there, Ladies and G’s.

As already mentioned I’m looking for a group to play with… in the last couple o’ years I played DSA, DND and Pathfinder.

Of course I am happy to learn/play something new like WoD, Cthlulu. Oh, yea… the location: Vienna, Lower Austria, Burgenland.

Please let me know if you are looking for party members for YOUR group, I’d appreciate :smiley:

… oh, and happy new year everybody!
Nemesis

Welcome, Nemesis! Of course the first question is, are you willing to GM?

Hi there!

Well thank you. Me? No. Sure not :slight_smile:

I’m pretty good at story telling, BUT I suck at rules-stuff.

BUT: There is a player, who is looking for a group tp play in OR to master. He would love to, but he couldnt manage to find players for his adventures.

Are you interested? :slight_smile:

I might be. It looks like our group might be going through some changes, and if so, I will have time. I really can’t play Monday-Thursday, though. I don’t get out of work until at least 5pm in the 10th, and I am lousy on not enough sleep, so that makes for very short weekly games. Friday evening, Saturday or Sunday (which a STRONG preference for Sunday) would be my availability.

What is your friend interested in GM’ing?

Hello, welcome, welcome!

First thing first, if you are on fire, you should stop, drop and roll…
All done?

Well, our current group is leider extra-full.

However, as Siobhan mentioned, there is a new group starting right about now that should be set up in such a fashion as to accommodate new comers quite easily.

Now, as Siobhan did hint to, our group might relax it’s playing schedule a bit, which will free up some time for some players.
I don’t think it would be enough free time for me to start DMing another campaign (but I would like to take this opportunity to set up the occasional one-shot, and especially to DM some other systems…).
Quite definitively, I’d be up for some playing. I don’t really know if I’d have time to commit to a full campaign but if your friend start a game I could definitively give it a try…

Well, dear Siobhan, same here. I’m home at 6pm (in best case) and I need some sleep to. We prefer playing on weekends.

It would be my friends first time DMing, so he is quite keen of doing it yet a bit nervous. Thats why we are actually lookin for another group to play with, so he still has some time to write the adventure, check the rules and so on!

Oh sorry, your question:

I’m not quite sure, but I think its Pathfinder, DSA or World of Darkness, one of those, I think. But I guess its Pathfinder.

Hehe… DMing is intimidating at first, but, the one big rule is not to worry too much about it (easier said than done).

The main thing is for the DM to have fun and to encourage other players to enjoy themselves… and they will do their best to, that’s what they are here for, after all…

I really enjoy it, personally and encourage everybody to give it a try…

Hell, now, I am thinking about organizing some “dual DMing” sessions alongside newby DM to give them a chance to get their hand to it, while having somebody more experimented to fall back on, to reduce their stress level…

Sounds good to me :slight_smile:
Since when are you DMing? How big is your party?

I personally think that “dual DMing” is sure a good idea! But only if the chemistry is right between DMs and players.

Like I know a guy, lets call him PERSON A, he is dm-ing. And he sux at story-telling. He loves encounters, he loves hacknslay, he knows all the rules - but telling a thrilling adventure? riddles? unexpected occurrences? … NOT.

So it would be a great idea, to do it like this: he checks the rules, he takes care that everything’s ok, no ones cheating, he writes the encounters… AND there’s also someone else, who tells a story. This is PERSON B.

So while PERSON B is telling the story, PERSON A can lean back and just relax and enjoy himself. When its about encounters and special rules, PERSON B chills a litte and PERSON A takes the wheal.

Unfortunaty most people just cant confess the fact, that they are NOT SO good at something.

But thats an other story. I think it would be a great possibility to try DMing with a sophisticated DM! :smiley:

Hello Nemesis!

I think it was me that guided you over here from the Paizo forums? Welcome aboard!

Have your friend come on here as well and explain his idea personally, maybe?

Re: Dual DMs:
Bazhell has something similar, with him being the DM and Thopthes and me helping him out a bit with the rules, bit Bazhell having the final word.
So far it works out pretty good I think.

I sure hope I don’t fall in your person A category, but you can judge me next Saturday.

Yeah, that’s definitively something that works… I do ask Captain Pathfinder’s (and my other player’s) opinion fairly regularly…

As for the rest, yeah, there are many ways to play the game. It can be a mean of cooperative story telling, it can be a tactical game, or a resource management-min/maxing game… The only thing is to have fun, and game with people that match your style and interest enough that everybody has fun…

And to answer your question, I have been DMing for several years, but only since two years with any sort of regularity. My current group counts five players, although another member is on a break pursuing other projects and might rejoin the group at some point (four being the recommended number for a pathfinder group…).

Hi there! Exxxactly, paizo :wink: Thanks alot.

So, you start next Saturday or have you guys already started and how many are in your group by now?

[quote=“Simon”]Yeah, that’s definitively something that works… I do ask Captain Pathfinder’s (and my other player’s) opinion fairly regularly…

As for the rest, yeah, there are many ways to play the game. It can be a mean of cooperative story telling, it can be a tactical game, or a resource management-min/maxing game… The only thing is to have fun, and game with people that match your style and interest enough that everybody has fun…

And to answer your question, I have been DMing for several years, but only since two years with any sort of regularity. My current group counts five players, although another member is on a break pursuing other projects and might rejoin the group at some point (four being the recommended number for a pathfinder group…).[/quote]

Oh well… you are lucky… but when ever you’re looking for 2 players to jump in - just let me know :smiley:

[quote=“Nemesis”]Hi there! Exxxactly, paizo :wink: Thanks alot.

So, you start next Saturday or have you guys already started and how many are in your group by now?[/quote]

No problem there!

We start next Saturday. Right now it’s 4 or 5 players, counting you already, as detailed in the other thread. Lets not distract your thread by this.

I think this is absolutely fine with the right group – I know plenty of people who are far less interested in story. It would also depend on the game – something like D&D/Pathfinder is far more focused on the hacknslash part than something like Cthulhu (where if you are in combat the odds are you have done something wrong).

Should you be up for a game, and not just a group, I’m trying to get something rolling for this Thursday, and would be happy to see you there.

Should you be up for a game, and not just a group, I’m trying to get something rolling for this Thursday, and would be happy to see you there.[/quote]

meh… Thursday never work with me, I’m sorry :-/ itss because of my job, you know—