First time shadowrun- tips for me?

Hey ! :slight_smile:
I’m going to host my first shadowrun game. Not one of us played it before … so I’m going to ask you for help!

Is there anything I need to keep in mind? Or do you have some tips for a pour gm? :see_no_evil:

Have a nice day! :blush:

Bring a lot of extra dice…

;p

Do you have a lot of RPG experience?

1 Like

have a degree in advanced mathematics? :smiley: or use tools to manage stuff like essence for the player characters
and take your time, no need to rush things, and before starting to play clear up as a group whether you want to take time to look up mechanics when they are unclear or rather have the dm make a judgement call and clear it up after playing (combat turn order stuff comes to mind)

1 Like

just bought 10 dice for 50c :slight_smile:

Just a few… ;3;

10 dice for 50 cents? where? :open_mouth:

10 d6 for shadowrun … well that’s not going to be enough :smiley:

Action! :smiley:

1 Like

hi

Shadowrun is super crunchy

you will make mistakes and that’s just fine
focus on everyone having fun, and if you do not know something just make it up

as a regular rule, if you want to add a bonus / penalty to a roll, +/-2 dice will be fine

I send you some handouts, that could prove to be helpful, if someone dares to ask “what actions are possible”

have fun :slight_smile:

also I strongly recommend using this character creator:

(-> options: there you can turn on/off, which books will be allowed in your campagn
as default only the SR5 Corebook is “on”)

Thank u :slight_smile: I appreciate ur help a lot! :blossom:

Just keep in mind that at its heart Shadowrun is a game about the 80s and you’ll be fine.

Also, don’t forget your mirrorshades.

Have fun!

What a mess. :smiley: Most of my player where a bit grumpy because of my lacking shadowrun know-how. Despite that we had a funny time with nearly no shadowrun rules just with roleplaying.

But at the end of the day I learned a lot. At least something! c:

1 Like