DnD 5e open games @cafe 1070. Like a walk in a park

Will attend - four people T1 (two level 2, two level 4)

Will join with my drow ranger T2/L10

1 Like

Canā€™t make ti tomorrow ;/, thanks for keeping the spot though. Maybe @jboimler can play instead?

Iā€™ll join lmop again

Iā€™ll be there with T1 and T2 Chars.
Would like to join either Samgibletts table or lmop.

Hello my name is Louis and I would really like to play some DnD 5e! I am a new player, I have only played 1 Oneshot campaign until now. Unfortunately I dont know any people who are interested! If possible I would like to join a group of regular players! Is this @cafe 1070 meetup a regular occasion? Iā€™m looking forward to any replies!
Thank you!

1 Like

Yes, it happens weekly, each friday, starting at around 19:30, however most players arrive early starting at around 18:00 to prepare stuff and help newcomers with character creation.

We use a slightly modified AL (Adventurerā€™s League) system called VALUE, which follows rather strict rules to ensure that characters are balanced and ā€œcompatibleā€œ with each campaign/module - for example thereā€™s no rolling for stats, only point buy, and homebrew and magical items are restricted. Also most campaigns follow prewritten scripts, so compared to ā€œrealā€œ DnD campaigns lasting dozens of sessions thereā€™s not nearly as much character development. For example, in traditional, longer campaigns DMs might create plot arcs for each character, tied to their backstories and goals, something thatā€™s just not really possible in the much shorter AL/VALUE campaigns.

So it is up to you wether you prefer more systematic and short AL/VALUE campaigns/modules or a traditional, long campaign, which probably lasts for more than a year of regular sessions and allows for much more freedom for both players and DMs.

You might also want to check out Athenaes Siegel, a role playing club in Vienna, maybe you will find a group there, they usually play traditional DnD rather than AL/VALUE.

Thank you very much for the infos! Both Athenaes Siegel, and the AL Adventures sound interesting! Maybe I will come around tomorrow! I will check out Athenaes Siegel aswell.
Thanks again, Semako!

I come for LMoP

Hello, Iā€™m new here. I would like to stop by today. Iā€™ve never played AL or VALUE and I have neither a character, nor a clue whatā€™s going on. Hope thatā€™s okay. Maybe I shouldnā€™t play today, but rather lurk in a corner and get a good first impression.

Nah, its all fine, and we are always welcoming of new players. Just drop by a tad earlier, and we would arrange a character for you:)

T1/T2 Again!

Hi my brotherā€™s here, so iā€™ll be there with a +1.

I might not make it today, Iā€™m.a bit sick all of the sudden.

I will be there 5-10 minutes after 19h to DM my game - apologies for the delay.

As written in Discord, personal matters came up rather suddenly and I wont be able to make it >.< Apologies

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.