DM volunteer for the big event thread! One or two more needed!

puh that’s pretty high level :thinking:
:+1:

1 Like

27th tier is around, what, level 108?

Yeah, that’s pretty impressive.

Reminds me of those new fangled ad&d/second edition games!

also D&D 3rd / 3.5 Edition had this

In my AD&D game, the characters will reach level 108 … let’s see … calculating … oh, around the time the sun goes nova. Give or take a month or two.

Well.

solid :+1: … but sadly still too low for level 108

derail

*me playing in H’s campaign on and off for a year
7izg63

Sorry, didn’t wanna hijack the organization thread… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

27th at 1800, would you be able to run a game?

I think we have 10, but would like 1 or 2 more volunteers for redundancy

Level 1, 3, or 6 then. But needs to be 5e >.>

You can jot me down as tentative… since there are some holidays coming up round end of May I am not sure if I’ll be around.
In case that i do manage, it will be a low level beginner adventure …something already published (likely from the linked list) but tailored to about 4 - 5 hrs of gaming cause most of these require a couple of sessions: https://www.thegamer.com/dungeons-and-dragons-best-adventures-for-low-level-parties/#wolves-of-welton
I will provide pregen characters, a gaming matt and miniatures for pc’s and npc’s …

1 Like

For anybody taking this derail seriously (and you probably shouldn’t): The sweet spot for me for high-level play is the Companion Set (and nothing else is particularly close). The stuff that went even higher I can take or leave, but Companion is just excellent. Give it a shot if that sort of thing is your jam.

1 Like

Seems like a low-probability proposition. :slight_smile:

So far we have 11 people able to DM and 1 on the staff team. Made a spredsheet with the details. Please check and confirm that you able to attend on 27.05 (16:00-22:30)

I think we should be ready to roll.

Next steps would be:

1. Still need 1-2 volunteers to join me on the Staff team (you might get a T-shirt out of it :slight_smile:
  2. 1-2 DMs for redundancy (filling in if someone falls of the cliff or gets sick)
  3. Schedule DM briefing event (I think online would be the best to make sure everyone can make it, but let me know below what you think). I will make a poll for best date.

Anything I forgot?

As I haven’t been at the planning session I don’t know if this has already been considered or not but if you’ve got a table full of newbies to DnD and RPGs in general it can be really useful to have at least 1 player there who has played before.

This gives the other players an idea of roleplay and also someone to copy a bit until they are more comfortable with the rules and RP. Kinda just kickstarts the playing portion.

5 Likes

Staff team? I can do things with a Staff!

But yes, I’d be happy to join the staff team.

I’ll be running a T1 with focus on a Thayan wizard that got away from the kerfuffle in Neverwinter, that the players need to go defeat. So having seen the movie would be mandatory for my table xD

I totally agree with you. And I have thought along those lines as well. However not to the extent, that I would organize or assign players from our community to certain tables at the event. Its probably best and easiest if the DMs at the event, each pick one experienced player for their table (if it is a newbie table) to serve as a kind of guide.

I can be redundant!

I’m back in Vienna. I can do staff or DM as needed, for the 20th or 27th.

1 Like

Made a poll for online meeting (I guess Discord?) for Organizers & DMs between 1.05~13.05. If you plan to participate - please vote in the poll, I will use this as confirmation of your commitment for the 27th.

@Unsniped Could you repost the link into top of the thread?