D&D Achievements

A friend of mine linked this on facebook: D&D Achievements

I have 86/112. And now all the memories of games where those achievements happened.

These are BRILLIANT…after a quick read through I thought “some of these names are awesome…” then it dawned on me that ALL of the name are awesome!

“african or european”
“suck it, Boromir!”
“something something Sparta!”

Brilliant!

Very true. They’re all pretty cool. I especially like that while skimming through I noticed that many of them have happened to me at the same time/during the same encounter. :smiley:
Although it wasn’t always D&D and sometimes a mount did a good part of the work, so I’m not sure if that counts.

With our DM “I’m Okay!” is way too often…

I didn’t see any fir falling to 0 hit points and below multiple times in an encounter.
I remember DMing one that ended up in a near TPK with the rogue tumbling down between the bad guys leg, using her wand if CLW, running for one ally to raise up to the next, only to run back to the first ally as he had been taken back down immediately.
I think the cavalier went down no less than three times in that fight…

Survive an encounter with 5 hp or less? We used to dream of having 5 hp! :mrgreen:

These are awesome!
Maybe I will use them someday :smiley:

Hmm I think they only thing that I never encountered was the “Survive 50 Poison Damage in One Round” achievement.
Only played low level 4th D&D - in other games poison is often Ability/Attribute damage - so 50 of those would have been overkill, even in a %-System.^^

[quote=“Simon”]I didn’t see any fir falling to 0 hit points and below multiple times in an encounter.
I remember DMing one that ended up in a near TPK with the rogue tumbling down between the bad guys leg, using her wand if CLW, running for one ally to raise up to the next, only to run back to the first ally as he had been taken back down immediately.
I think the cavalier went down no less than three times in that fight…[/quote]I remember our Rise of the Runelords endfight:

The Desna Cleric/Spherewalker in swarm-form and the Battle Oracle were using Heal or Mass Heal spells on the Barbarian with the Ferocity trait, as they were battling an army of Rune-Giants in a non-euclydic kinda M.C. Esher like room. So the Barbarian was typically once every round / two rounds in the negative HP range, but was still able to continue Great-Cleaveing himself through the Rune-Giants.
Meanwhile the Gravewalker-Witch was hopping from Rune-Giant-body to Rune-Giant-body via her Magic Jar spells, so technically she was reduced to below 0 HP several times in that fight too.
Was really epic.

Once I made achievement buttons for a L5R campaign I dmed. They even had some narrative “benefits”.
My players got “I Open Black Scrolls”, “Ignorance Is Bliss” and “Topaz Champion” during the campaign and “Kinslayer”, “Lost”, “Rokugan’s Most Wanted” and “Player no Shiryo” during the finale. Awesome times :laughing:

… and I played in a Starwars SAGA campaign, where the DM used the Destiny-mechanic in a kinda “Achievement Unlocked!”-like way. This was really good to motivate the players. :mrgreen:

hehehe

so true : D

HOLLA HOLLA GET DOLLA… is out of reach :wink:

[quote=“Thopthes”]
Although it wasn’t always D&D and sometimes a mount did a good part of the work, so I’m not sure if that counts.[/quote]
the mount is the harbinger of Ioemedae and is fueled by tears of evil monsters :slight_smile:

Hehe I knew you would comment on that, sooner or later !:smiley: