D&D 5th Edition: character foundry

Alright hereā€™s the Warlock iā€™m thinking about playing:

First the background story (pretty complete)WarlockMelechSonofCriella-Revenge.pdf (14.2 KB)

and the char sheet: Melech - Tiefling Warlock.pdf (167.3 KB)

again i used the point buy (27 points) system, i assumed that the cantrips from the Swordcoast Adventurerā€™s Guide are ok to be used, if not iā€™d take True Strike instead of Sword Burst

for the arcane focus i use something not in the rules as it fits the background story imho

any feedback is appreciated :slight_smile:

Also i know that iā€™ve got a bit of a thing for vengeance with both characters iā€™ve posted so far :sweat_smile:

Alright letā€™s add another one :slight_smile:

This one started out as an npc for the group i dm (there he is of a higher level with different stats and has some more story involving a second character, i might post later), but iā€™m using him as my player character in a online group where the dm insisted on rolling stats (so no point buy this time :smiley: )

char sheet (at level 1): Grim Bloodaxe
Grimā€™s background story

a little additional info on him: during the first session in that group i had a total of 3 attacks in the only combat that took place, 2 were dramatic failures and 1 was a critical hit, both dramatic failures were described by the dm as Grim viciously attacking the wooden floor with his 2-handed Maul, while the critical hit was when i tried to remove a wooden table that was blocking my path ā€¦ with my Maul ā€¦ while being enraged :smiley: After that i decided along with the dm that Grim would be at very least suspicious of anything made from ā€œdeadā€ wood and i tried to work that into the background story

hope anyone reading this is enjoying it :slight_smile:
as always any feedback is appreciated :wink:

also here is a pic of a heroforge mini i had made for this character Grim mini

Quick question. Iā€™m pretty new to DnD, and I just got the 5e players handbook. There are a number of races listed there. However when I went to an online character creation site, it showed way more options. Why? Can I choose one of the races not listed in the players handbook? Also some races are marked as ā€œuncommonā€, what does that mean for me when I am creating a new character? Thanks,
Cheers

wether you can choose other races depends on the game(s) you join as it is the dmā€™s decision which races should be allowed

there are more races than just the ones from the PHB, some have been added in other releases, or some of the core races (and classes) got expanded in other releases (including the Unearthed Arcana stuff, which is prerelease testing)

ā€œuncommonā€ races usually should be cleared with your dm too, basically those are either uncommon in the world as a whole (might be because they are only visitors on the ā€œnormalā€ planes or because their number got reduced in a previous war - the Avariel aka Winged Elves come to mind in the Forgotten Realms) or it is just unusual for these races to become adventurers)

thatā€™s the way i interpret it at least (also the way i handle it as a dm, i usually tell my group which books can be used and if they see something out of those books they would like to use to run it by me, so i can make sure i can involve their specialities in my stories)

1 Like

I donā€™t believe you. That made it to the UK? Thundercats were AWESOME.

1 Like