Crystalline city

A topic for the characters, and the recaps of the sessions.
Frequent players are welcome to write here their characters and thoughts:)
New players are welcome to drop by and join the discussion.

Im still working on Issa´s backstory so it might take 2-3 more dayes before i post Issa´s stuff here.
BUT
i have to say my fav npc we meet so far was the Painter XDD
i just love the idea of him, and im legit sad he died so fast XDDD

Pied:) Indeed a great fella, that loves beauty of the world.

Also he is not dead:)

so we can still get a interaction between him and drong awsome

Yasss i didnt get to see his reaction if Issa took her mask off now i can!!! XDD

Not sure if this is good enough but
Backstory:
Tempa Pitch came from a unnamed village somewhere northeast of world maps’ forest. He had a normal life, had a girl he had a crush of, and folks over there loved his music. Unfortunately, a lightning strikes and the village was burned into ashes, leaving many dead as well. Currently, it is unknown who survived and who did not as he fell unconscious from a falling tree branch, saving two small forest gnome children.
When asking the folks in the nearest city he could find, many scoffed at him, saying how he was making stuff up for pity money. It was this moment he realized that no one would listen to his words. When he was shelterless for some days, he met others who were as well, they told their story of how they lost everything or had nothing to begin with. It was then Tempa wanted to spread all the tales of truth throughout his eyes can see, but he never provokes anyone to talk about it if they don’t want it. He may not be good at weapons and spells, but many knows the tales he has spread!

Currently:
He is dealing with some PTSD, though because of his fallen ally (Good Boi) got revived, he is feeling a bit calm and collected. He hasn’t lost hope of escaping the city, not one bit, as he wants to spread the agony and calmness of the statue is became, hoping that maybe one day, they will be a cure for it. Though after he saw another dead, right front of his eyes, he is feeling a bit frustrated.

1 Like

This is Issas backstory i hope the link works and everything XDD

2 Likes

When Tempa saw the Second, he was nit nervous but tried to put a strong face, he tried to walk away from the scean asap but alas, Second found out he has valuable information. As Tempa was trying to be rational, he was choke to dead. He realized he was still… living? not dead? In his last attempt, thinking maybe he can help at least his friends out of the way, tried to get into the seconds soul but it was blocked. When his soul crushed, it felt like… nothing… his losing into… nothing, but he didn’t feel pain, happiness, or anything… just void.
In his last attempt, he looked at the party member and made one last joke “You could say, he was a roll model.” and then cease to existence, forever.

1 Like

Since Eldon the hunter/cleric died (don’t worry, I will keep his character sheet and will use him in other campaigns :wink: ), I had to create a new character. The new character is a Mountain Dwarf named Alberich Axebreaker, a totem warrior barbarian with the mighty owlbear as his totem (symbolized by going bear and eagle on Levels 3 and 6).

This is his backstory and how he joins the party: Alberich was born around 200 years ago in the high mountains where the Axebreaker clan resides. His father was one of the clan’s warriors and tought him the art of axe fighting, so that he could take over his position as the clan’s warrior and defender against the threats of wilderness, like hordes of yeti, which might appear during the cold season. He killed countless of yetis and other monsters to protect his clan and improved his battle skills over time, becoming a fearsome warrior, respected by everyone - but then fate struck and he fell victim to an intrigue and was falsely accused of murdering the clan’s leader to take over his position. He was found guilty despite not being the actual murderer and was excluded from the Axebreaker clan, becoming a clanless dwarf.

Burning with rage, he left the village of his clan and started wandering around in the wilderness. The only things he took with him were his beloved axe and his beard, which he says is by far the most valuable thing he possesses, it is even more important to him than his greataxe. Eventually he settled somewhere in the woods at the base of the mountains and lived there as a lone man, far away from any village. He spent lots of time caring for his beard and also often thought about getting back into his old clan, he sometimes felt a little bit homesick. Once, he even hiked up the mountains and tried to talk to the clan’s new leader, but was rejected despite the actual murderer had been found, because he was unable to control his still burning rage and shouted him into his face.

Back in the nature, he tried to calm down and get rid of the rage. Eventually he learned to use the power of nature in the form of the spirit of the fearsome owlbear to his advantage and realized that he could control the age with the help of that spirit, allowing him to actually use it to his advantage during combat. However, he still needed to do something to regain the trust of his clan before trying to get back to them.

He remebered that when he still was a proud member of his clan, there were rumors about a mysterious city inside of the mountain, which was said to be home to incredible richness in form of gold and huge crystals. If he could find that city, get some treasures and bring them to his clan - or simply tell them that the rumors were true and where the entrance is, he might get accepted again. So he started to search for caves and other locations which might hide a secret entrance, and eventually he found a huge room deep within a cave, and when he was investigating it, he suddenly noticed a strange breeze that shouldn’t be there, deep below the mountains with the cave’s exit being nowhere near to where he was, and followed it to find a partly crumbled tunnel, which was so dark, that even with his darkvision he couldn’t see anything. After lighting a torch, he could feel the heat of the flame but he was still unable to see anything. Carefully, using his greataxe to check the way in front of him, he advanced further - and suddenly, he was in Crystalline City.

He was impressed by the city - and felt that something was not right here. There were no inhabitants, only crystals. He walked around the city, and found a building that seemed to be a library. Before he could enter it, the Second appeared, power-word-killed him, took his weaponry and changed himself to appear as Alberich Axebreaker (remember the dwarf skeleton outside the library? ;)). However, eventually he was revived thanks to his strong will, the rage still burning within his soul, the power of the spirit of the owlbear and Silvanus the god of wild nature, who was impressed by how a little dwarf could use the powers of a beast as dreadful as the owlbear.

He eventually found his greataxe and his handaxes but not the javelins lying on the ground on the other side of the library’s entrance, and was glad that his beard was still as beautiful as it was before the fatal encounter with the Second. The library however was a ruin now, and so he carefully started to walk down the main street into the other direction, when he noticed a little dog which obviously tried to tell him something. It jumped up his legs, barked and them ran a short distance in a direction. That dog then lead him to the planetary, but was too scared to go in, so he went in alone, and saw a group of people, who were battling a man that had transformed into a dragon. He still was almost a mile away from them, but he clearly saw that the man, before he transformed, was quite similar in appearance as the second, so he concluded that those people were in the same boat as him - trying to defeat the evil Second, and ran after them to meet and join them eventually…

1 Like

So. I would suggest using this topic for the character epilogues for the survivors:3

Since i will be making a comic about Issa becouse i sayed i would do that nomather what happens i wont be doing to much of a what happens after story here.
I will be posting the start of the comic here probably too so yea XDD
https://sta.sh/01az0io6zb4y (And since i made you wait so long Resil here are some sadly unfinished sketches but yea XDD)

4 Likes

Did anything special happend after I left 'cause my character died? Or did you just land some hits against the 2nd to defeat him and then the campaign ended? :slight_smile:

@Arthilas We killed the Second but that was not the end of the campaign. Something else happened and only Issa, Hepta, Hamer and Valdyra escaped. So you did miss out on an interesting development.

1 Like

Oh also
UmbreonWarrior#2205 here is my DA you guys can add me and i can send ya links to the comic there too…might be faster and better there XDD
and a better chance i wont forget

Okay - but I guess I would’ve been a spectator only, as you can’t add another character in the middle of a fight. And I was really annoyed by how blindness was handled, and how my character ended… probably I would’ve killed the Second if I had another attack turn… I also had prepared some roleplay for my character for after the Second was defeated - as you might have guessed, my character actually wasn’t good aligned ^^

At least I can bring him (and my Bladesinger) back in other campaigns, I’ve already ordered custom minis for them :wink:

Actually, Hepta also died in that fight, and yet she walked away in the end…

About the blindness: I guess we have to agree to disagree on this part bc the ruling here seemed sensible to me.

1 Like

Yeah, I actually fully expected my character to not survive at that point. I had like 7hp left. But it seems that the city resurrected me, at least that’s what I think. Or maybe my undead body now shambles around the world. Would have to rewrite my epilogue for that, but it would be a nice idea.

I also agree with Aldernari about the blindness thing.

1 Like

Your body didnt get time to decompose yet. So you are technically undead, but visually mostly same as if you were alive (*except for a hole where the finger of death hit, on the left side of the chest)

I understand. Everyone gets a disagreement with a DM once in a while.:wink: