Brainstorming the "big event"

Im fine with the idea in princiüle, but someone with experience on the legality/culpability of such a situation should double check that/ this works out. This does givx me an idea however. Lets tell people who register to be 20 minutes early, or their place may be forfeit to spontaneous arrivals?

I would even be more stringent. On conferences & workshops I usually did next:

1. 16:30 Doors open (admission, chats, sorting people to tables, warmup drinks etc. Unregistered can hang as long as we are not over max capacity)
  2. 17:30 Game table setup (finalizing groups).
  3. 17:30-18:00 Filling up empty slots with unregistered people (from waiting list, could be done during reception)
  4. 18:00 Games start

We can also allow for certain number of ‘spectators’ to be present (say 10) those wont have place at the table but would be allowed to hang in the room.

Once we approach max capacity we ask (politely) unregistered to leave the room (except chosen spectators).

2 Likes

RPGs going serious :))

One option for the event registration: Meetup.com - I have been using it to connec with various groups in Vienna and think it provides good functionality.

Costs: for 7eur/month we can enable option make own groups and events. Participants might need to register at meetup first though (which is free).

1 Like

I’d prefer keeping registration to RPG Vienna though. That is more straightforward and better in terms of data protection.

1 Like

For reference - here is what D&D Beyond is doing for a similar - ‘see the movie, now play the game’ thing

https://www.dndbeyond.com/posts/1468-adventurers-wanted-d-d-weekend-at-your-local-store

Since everyone’s having so much fun playing Event Planning: The Role-playing Game … If you want to plan ahead, we have a table at next year’s Vienna Fantasy Gaming Convention.

Go wild.

4 Likes

@H

finally time to run some Indie games :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Not sure what you mean though. Is there registration functionality here? I mean beyond replying in the forum? Meetup offers solid data protection (I mean they are build for registrations after all). Lot’s of people already might be on meetup and I we can build good-looking event page there.

Or did I miss something?

1 Like

Heretic.

What do you think of this flyer design? :slight_smile:

Of course date and time and colors are just preliminary (I just noticed the last, violet, bullet got its color butchered when I converted my Illustrator file into a PDF…) and once I am back home, where I have a good PC rig and monitors, i’ll give it a final makeover :slight_smile: There will be a version with German text too of course.

3 Likes

I assume you’ve run all this by @Neil?

Neil isn’t one to stand in anybody’s way, but since the terms “money” and “liability” have been tossed around like a halfling in an ogre’s clutches, this needs to go through him.

4 Likes

Good point. Will do

Great work with the Poster! Looks awesome!

FYI - this Saturday (15.04) we are meeting for a brunch :coffee: :cake: at Sägewerk (10 am) to discuss and finalize plans for the ‘Big DnD Event’. Please PM me if you want to join so I can reserve table of appropriate size.

meetup ftw :rocket:

Awww, was sick this week Q.Q

No probs, still lots of options to participate :slight_smile: Added you into the thread