Boardgames?

Hello guys.

I was wondering if anybody would be game to hit café Sperlhof at some point, if possible during the week-end for some boardgames?

Let’s say, provisionally, 5PM on Saturday, but amendable if people prefer another time…

I can bring a couple of games… Wrath of Ashardalon is probably not conducive to café Sperlhorf (plenty of litte pieces and stuff) but I have Vasco da Gama I still need to try and brought ‘Illuminatis’ back from home. It’s in French, but should not actually hinder the very simple gameplay…

I’d LOVE to. I can also offer Arkham Horror. And since AmLash is out of town, I can bring MY copy of Kittens in a Blender :smiley:.

I’m game for Saturday.

Ooooow, I’d love to give Arkham horror a spin!

I have friends of friends that just moved into Vienna from the US. It is ok if I invite them too? That way, they can get to meet more friendly Viennese…

friendly Viennese?

Inhabitants of Vienna? Isn’t it the word?

No, I’m making a poor joke about the “friendly” Viennese. Sorry to the Viennese on this forum, y’all are nice people.

NO NEW PEOPLE.

Of course, Simon, I’d love to meet you’re friends. My concern about Arkham horror are several: 1) it ALSO has a ton of little pieces; 2) LOTTA rules 3) LONG.

Maybe we could meet earlier, to address issues 2 & 3? And I am looking into boxes still, for #1.

I’d be interested to join you all on Saturday, but right now I don’t know if I can make it.

Illuminati would be very cool to play, but it being in French makes me worry a bit. (yes, most of the rules is understandable without having the cards in your language, but there are corner cases.)

Keep me updated and I’ll do the same.

[quote=“Siobhan”]Of course, Simon, I’d love to meet you’re friends. My concern about Arkham horror are several: 1) it ALSO has a ton of little pieces; 2) LOTTA rules 3) LONG.

Maybe we could meet earlier, to address issues 2 & 3? And I am looking into boxes still, for #1.[/quote]
Well Sperlhof opens at 4:30, so earlier is not really possible. And if the Arkham Horror board is very wide I’m not sure how well we can play it there. I’m thinking about the Android board and I don’t think we could play it there.

Why don’t we hold off on AH then? And I want to be very clear about this: I am ALWAYS up for Settlers of Catan.

That makes two of us :mrgreen:

Would bring my game, because last time it took ages until we found everything we needed and we still had to improvise a bit.

I’m sorry Philipp, there’s a little issue in that sentence with grammar. You WILL bring Settlers, or not?

He will bring his own game, because last time, it took us à lot of time and efforts to assemble a (semi) working copy from the café’s cames…

And I too is usual game for Catan…

[quote=“Frazzlerunning”]I’d be interested to join you all on Saturday, but right now I don’t know if I can make it.

Illuminati would be very cool to play, but it being in French makes me worry a bit. (yes, most of the rules is understandable without having the cards in your language, but there are corner cases.)

Keep me updated and I’ll do the same.[/quote]

Well Illuninati can be played in a foreign language with onky minimal loss on the funny.
I have played in German and can guaranty, my Herman ain’t better than your French…

[quote=“Simon”]
I have played in German and can guaranty, my Herman ain’t better than your French…[/quote]

My Herman totally sucks.

[quote=“Simon”]
He will bring his own game, because last time, it took us à lot of time and efforts to assemble a (semi) working copy from the café’s cames…[/quote]

ah, ok. Got it.

Oh, and KH will be joining us.

Might be the case, but I know out of experience that your German is better than my French.

Anyway, Settlers or Illuminati are cool to play.
Still don’t know about my availability.

Yeah, my Herman is actually no good…

Darn you auto-correct… Darn you to heck!

So, has it happened? Did you have fun?