Another one?

Speaking entirely hypothetically … if there were to be another little D&D tournament, say in October, who would be interested in playing?

Just, you know, theoretically.

Always.

Sure thing.

Sounds fun!

count me in! :slight_smile:

…you wanna go “single GM” on this again? Or do you wanna try out “1 GM per table”, perhaps inspired by the Megagame thread? I’d also consider offering myself up as an additional GM for this, if that’s a thing you’re interested in!

depends if I have the time. If so, sounds good.

[quote=“Auburney”]count me in! :slight_smile:

…you wanna go “single GM” on this again? Or do you wanna try out “1 GM per table”, perhaps inspired by the Megagame thread? I’d also consider offering myself up as an additional GM for this, if that’s a thing you’re interested in![/quote]
That’s one of the things this post is trying - hypothetically - to figure out.

Many thanks for the offer!

[quote="-H-"][quote=“Auburney”]count me in! :slight_smile:

…you wanna go “single GM” on this again? Or do you wanna try out “1 GM per table”, perhaps inspired by the Megagame thread? I’d also consider offering myself up as an additional GM for this, if that’s a thing you’re interested in![/quote]
That’s one of the things this post is trying - hypothetically - to figure out.

Many thanks for the offer![/quote]
Didn’t know that’s an option! I’d of course also want to help GMing the tournament.

You guys are going down. The crown is mine.
This time, I will find it out. I will find out what happened in Columbia.

What would such an tournament look like?

I can only tell you what we had last year:
Groups of 3 players each. Every group played the same adventure and was given 60 minutes to get through it. Or to get as far as possible.
More time could be obtained during the game but eventually we had about 2 hours or so.
H was GMing this whole thing alone. He even ran two groups simultaneously!
Everytime he came back to the table one of us would use his/her phone to measure the time that passed while he was at the table. And we would stop the time when he got back to the other group. Or stop completely when the 2 hours were up.

H used a system in which we could score points by obtaining items, killing monsters, etc…
You could also get penalties if you would have lost a group member or something similar dreadful would have happened.

The group with the most points wins. Last year it was Alrik, DarthBinks and me.

Since no group actually got through the whole thing - we all met to finish it as one big group the week after.
Fun stuff!

Yes!!!

I’d play.

I’d be interested too!

I’m in

Me too. :slight_smile:

Wow, that’s 9 (or 10 if Tom II has time) people interested already - nice! :slight_smile:

(keep it up!, just keepin’ count here :wink: )

Soon as we hit the 15 mark, we could organize into 3 groups á 4 players, and have 3 GMs (1 for each group)

You know, hypothetically… :mrgreen:

Thank you as well, sir! It’s good to know there’s help available!

I don’t want to get into this year’s - entirely hypothetical - show just yet, but looking back at last year, I think it was a good thing to go with just one DM. Given the time factor and the extremely close results, if every table had had a different DM, winning probably would have come down to sitting at the right table, despite those DMs’ best efforts.

But we’ll see. Options are good. Again, many thanks!

Would be in as well :smiley:

Yay! Good to see you around again!

We were just talking about finding a way to lure you back …