Hi all, I’m 37f and after an over a decade of planning a DnD session with my friend group… I am now accepting it’s not going to happen, so I am trying my luck here. I am a newbie to DnD, but been playing bunch of tabletops and games in my heyday. The closest to DnD I making my colleagues play Freelancers: A Crossroads game, and it took us embarrassingly long to figure it out. I am up for sci-fi adventures, or really anything beginner friendly. I am not really looking to be a group Mom, more like a chaotic, drunk Aunt. I do plan to join one of the Friday/Saturday gatherings, just wanted to say hi in advance. Also curious - what is the average age span of the group?
Welcome! Joining the Friday nights (or Saturdays when they happen) is a great place to get started. There is usually something beginner friendly happening.
We do have people from all age spans and while we don’t really keep track of it and in most cases it’s not really made a difference for games so sometimes you don’t realize how old or young people are for a long time, I’d say confidently that you’re not the oldest of the regulars at either of our Friday night locations, and depending on who exactly shows up you might be just in the median of age ranges or some nights slightly on the older side.
Probably like 5% under 20, 25% between 20 and 25, 35% between 25 and 30, and the rest is older than that. Though that’s just my guess, I could be way off.
(I’m also 37, by the way).
Thank you! That is great to hear and really takes the edge off. Looking forward to it.
“elderly” at 37… crumbles to mid-40s dust
There is appetite for playing all sorts of systems beyond D&D recently, so as well as that if you fancy joining or running something else, you’ll probably find folk open to it.
cries in 38
Hello ![]()
We have a bunch of different ages around. Sometimes it depends on the time of year. In summer we have more students, since it’s the holidays. Many older players also have their personal campaigns.
Fridays can be fun. Many of us try to show up a bit earlier to chat with each other.
Heeeey at least gaming keeps us younger looking, y’know… less sun exposure and such…
Thank you, really looking forward to it. It really sounds like a nice group, loving the Discord as well.
If you want to make sure of avoiding that fate, you’d be on the younger side most nights at our table.
Next game’s tomorrow night!