A tournament?

No hurry. We’ll wait for you.

Hope all went well!

Awesome prowess indeed! Behold our might and despair! :smiley:

@GJ: i wish you a good recovery! Hope its not too bad? Can you, like, not speak at all or something?

@ drawing lots: yeah, that might be a good plan… or alternatively, assign people to the two groups according to which day they can make it on? Or are we doing both groups on the same day after all?

Until now, speech was impeded. Currently, hurts as hell. Should get better when the swelling finally dies down

Get well soon, GJsoft!

Best wishes!

wish you a good recovery :slight_smile:

Update: Tam would also be interested in joining, in which case we’d need two more people to make the groups work. If anybody knows of any candidates, please ask. Thanks!

It’s tournament week! I trust you’ve all been honing your skills and strengthening those dice-rolling muscles?

Current status is two groups on Thursday evening, but we may be adding a third group, possibly earlier in the day.

I’ll send out some more information on the format later today in order to save time on game day.

Good luck, everyone!

Madness. Chaos. Insanity. We’re now looking at anything from two to four groups vying for the crown. But hey, if I’m going to throw nasty challenges at you, I suppose it’s only fair to throw some logistical challenges right back. That’s certainly the right mindset for the tourney!

Let’s see, where are we today…

We currently have nine players ready to go on Thursday. In this scenario, one party would start at 5, and the other two would begin around 7-7:30.

However, we also have a couple maybes, possibly enough for a fourth group.

In addition, just to make things more interesting, I’ve been hit by a minor bug. This means that tomorrow evening is out, because I don’t want to pass it on, and I’ll only be able to join you on Thursday if it’s been gone long enough to be sure I won’t. Sorry about that.

So in other words, everything’s still in flux. At least we’ve whittled it down to two possibilities: either play on Thursday (possibly with a makeup date for a fourth group next week), or postpone the tourney.

Hopefully, we can finalize this tomorrow. In the meantime, apologies for the continued uncertainty. The tournament scenario itself is starting to look like a cakewalk compared with organizing everything.

Oh I’m sorry -H-. Hope you get rid of that nasty bugs in time!!

I’d hate to postpone the game another week. I’m super psyched! :laughing:

Bad news, guys … but only for your doomed characters: It’s ON!

We will meet at Spielbar tomorrow, with THREE groups vying for the prize. Yes, this will get crazy.

The first party starts at 5 o’clock sharp. Two people are already locked into that group. If you’d prefer to start early, please drop me a line; otherwise I’ll randomly choose a third member from those who have said they’re flexible.

The other two groups will be kicking off between 7 and 7:30. Unless you have any objections, we’ll determine the groups by the order in which people walk through the door, with a second party starting as soon as three more folks arrive.

There’s a good chance that a fourth group will be added at a later date. This means that the overall winner may not be determined tomorrow, but that seems a small price to pay to avoid excluding anyone.

See you tomorrow, and good luck!

YAY! :smiley:

Can you say who’s in the first group already? Or in other words - is one of them me? Or will you tell people via PM?

Can’t wait for it, I’m getting real hyped already! :smiley:

No reason why not. So far, our very own GJ and Podro, making his debut and packing some serious D&D experience, are set to go at 5. We’ll finalize the third person sometime tonight. Logistics remain somewhat nightmarish, but we’ll get there…

(Needless to stay, everyone in the early party is welcome to stay, kibitz and make fun of others’ misfortunes.)

No reason why not. So far, our very own GJ and Podro, making his debut and packing some serious D&D experience, are set to go at 5. We’ll finalize the third person sometime tonight. Logistics remain somewhat nightmarish, but we’ll get there…

(Needless to stay, everyone in the early party is welcome to stay, kibitz and make fun of others’ misfortunes.)[/quote]

Awesome! Can’t wait to meet you all guys. See you tomorrow! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Alex

A couple more quick notes:

We will be playing in real time. Tick tock.

Dress code: 70s

Beverages of choice: Coronas & Caipirinhas (And wouldn’t that be a good name for an RPG?)

If this goes well, there might just be a sequel. If it doesn’t, we shall pretend this little episode never happened, and never mention it again…

And a very happy birthday, Thopthes!

[quote="-H-"]Dress code: 70s

Beverages of choice: Coronas & Caipirinhas (And wouldn’t that be a good name for an RPG?)[/quote]
Ugh… 70s. Well I’ll see what I can do…

Coronas & Caipirinhas… haha yeah that is a hell of a name. C&C : the game you won’t remember if you played it right.

Happy Birthday Tom!

Heh. Don’t take the dress code too seriously. That’s just me dropping obscure hints. Don’t mind me…

(Of course, if you want to break out the bell bottoms and tie dye, knock yourself out.)

See you tonight!

From the 70ies, he…

There were a few modules published in 1978 and thereabout… Keep on the Borderland isb the most obvious among these… But it is a wee bit TOO obvious for captain deviousb over there…
Plus, I DMed the 5th edition version of it, and that might give me an unfair advantage (although, In doubt it).

So, another one? Maybe “into the unknown”?

They had a few competition modules but I don’t know anything about these…