The V.A.L.U.E. of Surrealism

Got a lvl 1, 5 and 7 ready to go.

Hello! Me and a +1 would love to join a T1 adventure too. If possible with ThatGuyTed

Hello, I am new to this Forum and I read the V.A.L.U.E. rules, is it still possible to join Friday Game Night with a Tier 1 ?

4 Likes

Welcome! There is surely a place on a table for you!

1 Like

Iā€™m not gonna make it after all. Have fun :slight_smile:

I was so much looking forward to joining you again and playing at @ThatGuyTed table, but it seems fate had other plans :sob: @Stracci and I both wonā€™t be able to join you tonight, weā€™re very sorry (and sad). Happy rolling!

For table balance, Iā€™m happy to join @Alaadu 's table if he doesnā€™t mind a low T3 crashing the party, I can skip the recently gained spells. It sounds like a great setting! Iā€™d be playing the same rabbit he tried to disintegrate around Halloween. I also have a level 6 Paladin if thatā€™s preferred.

1 Like

@Xyathn so in current VALUE rules you cannot downlevel a character

we might change that when do a rule revamp (likely when D&D 5.5 drops)

ā€¦ since there are likely more T2 characters joining @Alaadu, who are level 5-7,
maybe he could make a wider range for his :deciduous_tree: :rainbow: game work?
and then @Xyathn could join with a lower level (level 6?) T2 character?

1 Like

I will adjust for what the players bring to the table for sure. But would like to have at least everyone to be T2 for the sake of fairness for everyone. I will arrive early to prepare the table :blush:

1 Like

one slot for the Itras By :black_joker: game would be open,
should someone wants to playtest this

Hey!

I know itā€™s a little late, but Iā€™d still like to join for tonight if thats possible? Could bring a T1, a T2 or could DM a T1-T2 game!

See yā€™all later!

1 Like

I would love to dm today t2 if we have enough to play if not I can play or dm

2 Likes

I think if the DM agrees, downleveling a low T3 character to level 10 for a T2 game should be fine (also consider that very rare items can ot be used in T2 when doing that). I had players do that in my and other games and I did it mysef as well with no issues.

I know itā€™s very short notice, but I would like to join a T1 (L1) or T2 (L7) if possible tonight. ā—”Ģˆ

2 Likes

Thank you Zanarei (@Vivien), Catherine (@lol39r), and Big Brocko (@Magia_Ignis) for joining up and helping Seliros with his ā€œRat Problemā€.

After having accepted a job by the Lionshield Mercantile House owner ā€œSelirosā€ to investigate the missing dockworker Egna and the stolen food from his warehouse, you conduct a thorough investigation of said place. Finding chewed open crates, as well as hearing strange sounds you soon discover a illusory wall in the foremans office within the warehouse.

Prompted by Zanareis fiendish patron you go through to find yourself in an dungeon-like underground space. Finding statues of Deep-Gnomish and Drow Gods of Death in what seems to be small, long abandoned chapels, Big Brocko almost causes the ceiling to collapse by cracking one of the holy figures. Quickly figuring out that these statues are better to be left alone, you continue exploring the dungeon.

A splash in a waterlogged room leads you to chase a rat down a corridor, only to notice, that you can see itā€™s brain shining through its head, before it attacks you. Easily dispatching of this creature you are the attacked from behind by an entire swarm of them. With the clever use of a crowd-control spell by Catherine, Big Brockos Endurance and Zanareis powerfull blasts you manage to take care of the swarm. Investigating where it came from you quickly find the remains and possesions of Egna.

Further investigation of the cellar leads you to another flooded room, where you are confronted by a Nothic. Not entering a deal with it, you quickly close and barricade the door behind you, noticing a crack in the wall behind it, where it and the rats probably entered this place.

You return to Seliros, where his wife proceeds to give him shit for not having actually closed up that wall, but only having had an Illusory spell cast on it.

As she is the one running the monetary side of the business, she hands you the agreed upon payment of a 100GP each, while Seliros offers you to keep one of the magic items that Egna had in his possesion.

Additionally to +1 level and +10 downtime days you gain the following:

Payment

100 GP each

Loot - Choose 1 of the following

Hat of Vermin

Medal of the Maze

Story Rewards - these only work when playing at my table

Iron Lionshield Token This token proves that you have rendered basic services to Seliros. This enables you to get a 5% discount when purchasing goods from Lionshield Merchants, as well as getting basic help and support if the need arises. Having proven your abilities this will also allow you to take on bigger jobs for Seliros in the future

5 Likes

Thank you so much for this wonderful adventure!

1 Like

@Alaadu @Arthilas @Vishous @Lisalabim

Liberty City Case Report:

Itā€™s one hundred fifty past Ragnarok. The world has ended, but crime still remains.

It cost us one of our best CIs, but we caught the perp. She tried to run, but no one gets away from a crazy orc who can be in two places at once. All thatā€™s left of the crime scene is the stench of undeath and the lingering sounds of heavy metal. A few of the monkeys are still throwing things.

Maybe Iā€™m going crazy. Iā€™m pretty sure a third of our patrol doesnā€™t actually exist. Another one is suspicious. Iā€™m convinced heā€™s a plant.

Not a spy. An actual plant. Maybe both, who knows?

But the captain should be happy. We put down the mafia and secured the illegal arms shipment. Missing twenty daggers, but no one can blame an officer for skimming a little off the top. Itā€™s a rough life.

I need a cronut.

2 Likes

(@Lisalabim: Rebekka) (@Vishous: ASH) (@Arthilas: Dorian Blackthorne ā€œBlackieā€) (@Xyathn: Tempus)

Thank you all so much on joining my table and allowing me to revisit and share this world with you, hopefully yā€™all had fun as I did. :grin:

For your outstanding work! You gain ONE magical item from the list below, 480GP each, 1 level and +10 downtime days.

And well deserved donuts youā€™ll get next week on me :wink:

-Sending Stones

-Shiftweave

-Amulet of Proof against Detection and Location

-Boots of Speed

-Staff of the Python

ā€¢ I will be running episode 2 of ā€œL.C.P.D Finestā€ next Friday and looking forward for more of the Norse police soap opera. :doughnut::police_car::rainbow::deciduous_tree:

ā€¢ Going to write again for episode 2 on the post for next weekā€™s game and also doing a recap for episode 1, so stay tuned:)

P.S: Bookā€™em Danno!

1 Like

Thanks to @Alaadu for DMing and @Xyathn for the great report! Thanks also to all the other players - it was a lot of fun!

shouting DONUT MOVE! audible clicking sound of a readied guiding bolt Do not even think about itā€¦ :man_police_officer: :deciduous_tree:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.