The V.A.L.U.E. of Resurrection Magic

Will come up and might bring one mystery friend Would like to join @cat4laugh if there is enough space

Bringing T1s

2 Likes

Im back on the European continent and, in the hope that I get over jetlag, would love to join @xaosseed’s table.

2 Likes

Will come too. Would prefer to sit at Darthbinks table, if he dms. Otherwise at Bureks.

my :writing_hand: T1 oneshot will delve a bit into the lore of FaerĂ»n’s Dragonborn nation of Tymanther

no need for extra pre-knowledge

being able to speak Draconic is helpful but not needed

also note that the adventure will have some horror elements

no need to play a dragonborn, but if you wanna do so:
you can choose a Clan and their clan piercings:

• Clan Kepeshkmolik (big):
    piercings: mother-of-pearl disks that resembled the waxing then waning moon across their brow
    the most openly religious of the Clans - which is not saying much
    mostly worship Enlil (sky/justice), since he helped Tymanther during the Spellplague
    if one would argue, who is the most influencial Clan right now, their name would come out on top
    allies of Clan Tlassian

• Clan Ophinshtalajiir (big):
    piercings: two light jade rings on the right side of neck
    very traditional; they manage the teleportation circles in the big cities
    they have famous architects and builders among their ancestors
    they also have notable sorcerers with access to powerful earth magic

• Clan Shestandeliath (big):
    piercings: silver chains from the left nostril to the frill along the left ear
    also a very powerful clan; they own many farmlands
    they are known for breeding the Ishen-Charac, a Tymantheran breed of warhorses
    known to really hate the dragon-goddess Tiamat
    bad vibes with Clan Verthisathurgiesh

• Clan Verthisathurgiesh (big):
    piercings: dark jade plugs at their right jaw frill
    very traditional; they are in decline and try to regain their lost glory - which is not an easy task
    rumours say, that they guard several powerful artifacts
    they have diplomatic connections to the human kindom of Cormyr (king Arthur knightly realm)
    bad vibes with Clan Shestandeliath

• Clan Kanjentellequor (minor):
    piercings: silver skewers through their jawline
    known as sages & lorekeepers; they have notable wizards
    is the one that has the most numbers of spellcasters among their ranks
    their patriarch is known to finance expeditions (adventurer groups)

• Clan Prexijandilin (minor):
    piercings: enamel primroses pierced into their cheeks at the end of plumes
    very traditional; also very warlike - even for Tymantheran Dragonborn standards
    they lost some of their lands in the Second Sundering
    known for their giant slaying as well as for their flower farms

• Clan Tlassian (minor):
    piercings: amethyst squares in lower lip
    famous for their farmers; also very good smiths/armorers
    they lost some of their lands in the Second Sundering
    they have good connections to the dwarves of the Great Rift (gold dwarf kingdom)
    allies of Clan Kepeshkmolik

• Clan Yrjixtilex (minor):
    piercings: red jasper axe-head shaped jewels along their right brow
    another farming Clan, but this one lost almost all their lands during the Second Sundering
    now many Clan members are migrant workers or are trying to build new farms
    the Clan is actually quite big number-wise, but had only little political influence until recently
    the current Vanquisher (military ruler of Tymanther) is from this Clan, giving it a little push

there is also a (relatively) new Clan of humans (and a few Tieflings)

• Clan Khothararirilim (minor):
    piercing: two heavy gold rings in the left ear
    mostly Unther humans (fantasy Mesopotamian/Assyrians) and some tieflings
    many of the humans worship Enlil (sky/justice)

p.s.: if you want to play a dragonborn from a different clan write me a PM

Notes:

• :art: Tymanther Dragonborn have interbred so much, that their scale colour does not match their ancestry any more - so a Dragonborn with red dragon ancestry could have bluish-white scales

• :military_helmet: every Dragonborn had to do two years of mandatory military service in Tymanther’s standing army, the Lance Defenders

• :dragon: :-1: the worship of dragon-gods, like Bahamut/Marduk and Tiamat is forbidden and is punishable by exile!

• :imp: serving demons and/or dragons is punishable by death

• :smiling_imp: bargaining with devils on the other hand is fine

• :balance_scale: Tymanther exports weapons and glassworks / main imports are jewelry, wood and metal

• :angel: beside Enlil (sky/justice), who is the most accepted god in Tymanther, both Chauntea (agriculture) and Ilmater (perseverance/martyrdom) are also sometimes worshiped, esp. in the rural areas

I would be joining this friday 1.12 and would Like to Play your oneshot dathbinks i already have a Charakter and would make another one

2 Likes

Hope I’m not too late but me and @Sincerely_sam would come to play T1 ^^

2 Likes

It’s never too late
 It’s not even Friday yet.

I like to join again probably at the table of @Darthbinks

1 Like

I’d like to jois as well playing T1-T3

I can also make a T2 character instead of a T1 if there’s to many T1 players, and join @Burek s table!

2 Likes

:four_leaf_clover:

looks like 4 DMs with 5 players each
so we sadly can’t guarantee, that you will find a place to play, if you post after this post
(unless you or someone else is willing to DM, and we run 5 tables^^)
might still work out though :slight_smile: , but no promises :person_shrugging:

that sadly includes the people from @xaosseed’s meetup, who have not posted here yet

2 Likes

Hey Id like to join as a player, if there is still space somewhere. Any tier. Preferably T1. Will likely take up much less game time than usual.

3 Likes

added another Dragonborn clan, 'cause I liked their piercings ^^

Unfortunately i won’t be able to make it today:(

you can join my T1 table if you want to
(no need to play a Dragonborn or to able to speak Draconic 
 but if yes, you can choose a Clan from the post above)

1 Like

Thank you, Ill try my best to channel my inner dragon. Might be a tad more silent/inactive than usual, hope thats fine. Been some time since Ive last spoken draconic, but Ill try my best to brush up on it during the remaining 2h.

1 Like

We will be cutting it close because of the weather

Will be 15min late, certain farewells are
 emotional.

@fromtheforest @Mexikorn @PatrickD @Sincerely_sam @tamyandfriends @Tiero
:dragon_face: thanks for playing in Tymanther

aside from +1 level up, +10 Downtime Days, you gain:

• @Sincerely_sam & @tamyandfriends
    You stayed with the old Shestandeliath farmer you saved from the wild dogs, and helped distract the landshark, so the rest to the party could go into the valley unharmed.
    The old framer gives you each a Heward’s handy spice pouch (common) as a thank you

also Dellie, the storyteller from the Kanjentellequor Clan gives you +120gp each as a thank you for helping saving Kiara

• @fromtheforest
    You can choose EITHER a Heward’s handy spice pouch (common) gained from the old Shestandeliath farmer you saved from the wild dogs, OR a Heward’s handy haversack (rare) as a thank-you from the possessed Yrjixtilex farmers you subdued

also Dellie, the storyteller from the Kanjentellequor Clan gives you +80gp as a thank you for helping saving Kiara - the cost you have to pay for the farmer’s burial, has already been subtracted

• @Mexikorn, @PatrickD, & @Tiero
    You can choose EITHER a Heward’s handy spice pouch (common) gained from the old Shestandeliath farmer you saved from the wild dogs, OR a Heward’s handy haversack (rare) as a thank-you from the possessed Yrjixtilex farmers you subdued

also Dellie, the storyteller from the Kanjentellequor Clan gives you +120gp each as a thank you for helping saving Kiara

Homebrew Story Awards

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: “A Handy Backpack”
Requirement: You took the Heward’s handy haversack (rare) as a reward for this adventure

This is a nice backback. Awesome!

:dragon_face: “Tymanther Lore Dump”
for @Mexikorn, @Sincerely_sam, & @tamyandfriends

You listened to the Kanjentellequor historian, Dellie the storyteller, during the festival.
ONCE at my table you can choose to automatically succeed on a History check regarding lore about Tymanther, Tymanchebar, and/or Unther. You have to choose to use this award before rolling.

:nesting_dolls: “Awakening Doll”
for @PatrickD & @Tiero

You got a personal doll made for you in the Awaking festival.
Should you ever be in the catacombs of your Clan in Djerad Thymar or Djerad Kethendi (the two big fortress-cities), you could go there to meditate to gain Inspiration.

:point_up: 
 please keep in mind that these Homebrew Story Awards only work on my tables

:musical_score: a few Vayemniri (Dragonborn in their language; lit. the Ash-Marked Ones) songs
from the Awakening festival:

• The Battle of the Crippled Mountain

This is a general Vayemniri (Dragonborn) song.
It tells how Shurideh and Iksdara Who-Would-Be-Verthisathurgiesh, their kinsman Reshvemi Who-Would-Be-Verthisathurgiesh, and Thuchir Who-Would-Be-Shestandeliath (descendant of Haizverad and bearer of the Breath of Petron) infiltrated the Celestial Mountain, the volcano lair of Rhodrolytharnestryx, the Tyrant of Tyrants, while the red dragon and his dragon army fought against the army of dragonborn rebels.
Shurideh, Iksdara, Reshvemi and Thuchir infiltrated the volcano using two artifacts - the Breath of Petron, and then the Eye of Blazing Rorn - to trigger an eruption so powerful that killed Rhodrolytharnestryx (and miraculously, all four survived).
The ash from the eruption rained for 40 days, and the dragonborn survivors of the battle took it as an omen. They renamed themselves the Vayemniri (lit. the Ash-Marked Ones), no longer slaves but free.

• Hazor and the Jet-Boned Tyrant

This Kanjentellequor song is about how a dracolich known as Daelfyrthimachian, the Jet-Boned Tyrant, constantly raided Vayemniri (Dragonborn) tombs to raise them as undead, forcing the Vayemniri to kill their dead until they defined their funerary customs.
This song is also the reason dragonborn don’t fear the Wall of the Faithless.
("Better oblivion that apart from our clans. Better an end than a perpetuity in bondage 
")

• The Many Esham-Ana

An Yrjixtilex song. Esham-Ana Who-Would-Be-Yrjixtilex was one of the guards of the slave pens of Gauwervyndhal, the Empress Dragon of Skelkor. He used his position to bring food and other commodities to his fellow slaves.
Ororonymilith, the Vizier of Broken Thorns, a copper dragon, was tasked by Gauwer to find the one who was stealing her food, and the copper dragon went to the slave pens to investigate, using a clanless dragonborn to discover that Esham-Ana was the culprit. The next day, he went to the mines and demanded the slaves to bring Esham-Ana to him to face “justice”.
However, all the slaves began to say that they were Esham-Ana — they never would hand over the one who sustained them to the Foul Empress Dragon — startling the dragon long enough to lower his guard.
Ororonymilith’s skull was the first dragon skull claimed by the first Who-Would-Be-Yrjixtilex.

• The death of the elders in Raurokh

A Kepeshkmolik song. Shaspur Who-Would-Be-Kepeshkmolik was raised in Raurokh, the fortress of Raurokhymdar the Golden, a gold dragon who conducted experiments to breed better dragonborn slaves. Shaspur was one of her best specimens, and he was raised by seven wise dragonborn elders (Ana-Mashal, Baishiria, Hurashum, Nazari, Qinnaz, Rahishu, and Zerath) so Raurokhymdar could use him as the new father of a better, stronger dragonborn slave clutch.
One day, Shaspur devised a plan to flee Raurokh, but the plan has a big fail: the elders won’t survive it. The elders told Shaspur that he should go on with the plan, saving the younger slaves, while they sacrificed their lives to buy Shaspur time.
The song ends with the tale of how many years later, after the dragonborn founded their nation, Raurokhymdar the Golden was destroyed by Shaspur’s descendants, avenging the dead of the elder ancestors.