Old school fantasy campaign

Heh, it’s obviously not called ‘retro clone’ for nothing :mrgreen:

Well. I was just about to come here and say something about retroclones being rather strange and unnecessary, but you guys seem to be doing just fine without me …

So could somebody pick up the 1981 D&D rulebook for me the next time they’re at Harrys?

I’d say to not worry about the rules too much. H has a tendency to 1) do it for us, 2) not be TOO picky about them

My post was a bit of a convoluted way of pointing out why these retro clones exist. It’s just a way for people to get hold of the early editions of d&d without spending an absolute fortune on ebay or resorting to downloading scans. I’m sure H will do a brilliant job as usual!

Actually, the AD&D rulebook was reprinted like, one year or two ago…

I too am a bit dubious about retro-clones as I just as well play the original.

Retro-clones, as far as I understand, became a thing because they made it possible for new materials to be published.
An adventure published for a clone will work just as well with the original game.

That comes from a guy that started writing a retro-clone just to quit on it because it was too pointless and derivative and instead focused on actually original stuff instead.(to be fair, it was a was to get rid of pent-up DnD emotional confusion. That makes it fine. No, really!)