How are your digital sessions going?

I also can recommend Owlbear.rodeo.

For the campaign I am running we are using Owlbear.rodeo for maps, and Discord (with a awesome bot) for rolls & chat,
We also have our own Wiki for Stats & Previews (the campaign is build like a TV-Series).
The fact, that the RPG-System is rather on the rules-light-side also helps.

btw I cannot recommend having a good Discord-bot enough :+1:

As a player I am in one group that uses Roll20 with D&D Beyond + Plugin as well as Discord for communication
that also works well :smiley:

If you have to play a dungeon-heavy game, where the dm is not sharing the map with you (like AD&D),
then the following free tool can be very useful, especially if you share your screen with Discord:

Since this sadly remains relevant more than a year later … well, how are your digital sessions going? Any advice or experiences to share?

I think my favorite thing about online gaming has been the games specifically designed to be played remotely. Irx ran a memorable session of Alice Is Missing recently; Darth introduced me to ViewScream … it’s impressive how games like that turn the disadvantage of playing online into an essential, immersive feature. Good stuff.

2 Likes

Alice is Missing is great!

Baron Munchausen, Over The Edge & Orbital were also crazy
others I can recommend are Honey Heist and The Skeletons

Digital campaign wise … we wanted to start a Mutant Year Zero campaign in December,
but started yet another Star Trek Adventures campaign instead (this time Feds),
'cause life, a great new book came out, we already know the system, it’s easy to run online,
and I love moral dilemmas in stories :vulcan_salute:

p.s. :heart: your Samantha Smith profile pic

I’m reading this while having COVID-19… again…

Thanks for pointing it out, I was not familiar neither with her name, picture or her story.
It was interesting to discover.

Seemed appropriate. And thank you.

Ugh, sorry to hear that. Hope it’s the symptomless variety!