Comic book appreciation thread

I’ll be camping the shop, to get the best issues. It opens at 11.

Oh damnit - I KNEW there was something in Vienna today I didn’t want to miss…I’m out of town this weekend. Well, have fun :slight_smile:

if my father-in-law bails before then I’ll be over.

I’ll probably only be keeping a couple of the ones I picked up - if you want the others after I’ve read them, they’re all yours.

really? that would be great - and btw, there is another free comic book day THIS Saturday, although I suspect with different stock.

Isn’t it going for German comics?

I can’t (yet) read German, although, I guess, a couple of issues of “Duck tales” are as good a place as any to get started.

Plus, I can always pick them up for other people to enjoy…

So, does anybody knows what time Planet Harry opens on Saturday, I could try to swing by there early afternoon, before the game…

I think it opens at 11, but I’m not sure they’re participating. I’m going to try comic treff in the barnabitengasse.

comictreff.at/

Sure, no problem. I’m not much of a comic collector. Just give me the chance to read them first…

(And yeah, I think this week’s version is for German comics. But hey, fun way to practice a language. I got half my French from Tintin…)

Come to planetharry, as comic treff only gives away a few issues, while at Harrys you get as many as you want!

I’ll be at Harrys at 10:45 :wink:.

[quote=“AmLash”]Come to planetharry, as comic treff only gives away a few issues, while at Harrys you get as many as you want!

I’ll be at Harrys at 10:45 :wink:.[/quote]

That’s a bit early for me, as I was planing on swinging by there on my way to Ally and Neil’s. I guess I’ll see you there…

GRR … second time I miss it … I’m not in Vienna this weekend …

Ok, so i’ll name a few of my faves. (I’m mostly into US comic books)

Everything by Alan Moore (especially From Hell, Top 10, LoeG, Watchmen, V for Vendetta)

Hellboy & BPRD (both by Mike Mignola)

The Walking Dead (Robert Kirkman) (just hit issue 100 last month, and still going strong)

The Ultimates 1 & 2 (a great modern take on the Avengers by Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch)

Astonishing Xmen (Joss Whedon)

Old Boy (Tsuchiya & Minegishi)

some of the older Frank Miller stuff like Sin City

Knights of the Dinner Table (if that even counts) :slight_smile: