Dvngeon invictvs

D&D V: DVNGEON INVICTVS

Style: Old School Dungeoncrawl

Synopsis: Graeco-Roman mythology inspired dungeoncrawl.

Setting: 43AD Asia Minor, Roman Empire close to the Parthian Empire, and all legends are true.

System: D&D 5th [pregenerated characters]

Dice: D4, D6, D8, D10, D20

DIBrutus

BRVTVS:

Alignment: Lawfvl Evil
Race: Hvman
Backgrovnd: Noble
Class: Rogve 4
Archetype: Assassin

STR 8 (-1), DEX 18 (+4), CON 12 (+1), INT 14 (+2), WIS 10 (+0), CHA 14 (+2)

Initiative: +4
Armor Class: 15
Hit Points: 27

Proficiency Bonvs: +2

Saving Throw Proficiencies: DEX & INT
Skill Proficiencies: Deception, History, Investigation (x2), Perception, Persvasion, Sleight of Hand, and Stealth
Tool Proficiencies: Disgvise Kit, Forgery Kit, Latrones, Poisoner Kit, and Thieving Tools (x2)
Armor Proficiencies: light armor
Weapon Proficiencies: all simple weapons, gladivs, and hand crossbows

Passive Perception: 12

Langvages: Latin, Celtic, Ionic

Class Featvres: Expertise (Investigation & Thieving Tools), Sneak Attack (+2d6), Thieves’ Cant, Cvnning Action
Archetype Featvres: Assassinate
Feat: Dvngeon Delver

Position of Privilege: Thanks to yovr noble birth, people are inclined to think the best of yov. Yov are welcome in high society, and people assvme yov have the right to be wherever yov are. The common folk make every effort to accommodate yov and avoid yovr displeasvre, and other people of high birth treat yov as a member of the same social sphere. Yov can secvre an avdience with a local noble if yov need to.
Family: Brvtii

Personality Traits: “If yov do me an injvry, I will crvsh yov, rvin yovr name, and salt yovr fields.”
Ideals: “If I can attain more power, no one will tell me what to do.”
Bonds: “I will face any challenge to win the approval of my family.”
Flaws: “I secretly believe that everyone is beneath me.”

Gear: Gladii [2], daggers [2], leather armor, a set of fine clothes, poisoner’s kit, thieving tools, a signet ring, a scroll of pedigree, a backpack, a rope (50ft), a crowbar, hammer, 10 pitons, 10 torches, a tinderbox, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin.

DIGladiator

CARPOPHORVS:

Alignment: Nevtral
Backgrovnd: Gladiator (Entertainer)
Class: Fighter 4
Archetype: Battle Master

STR 18 (+4), DEX 14 (+2), CON 14 (+2), INT 8 (-1), WIS 10 (+0), CHA 12 (+1)

Initiative: +2
Armor Class: 16 (17 when wielding two weapons)
Hit Points: 36

Saving Throw Proficiencies: STR & CON
Skill Proficiencies: Acrobatics, Athletics, Intimidation, Perception, and Performance
Tool Proficiencies: Cooking Vtensils, Disgvise Kit, Drvms,
Armor Proficiencies: all armor, shields
Weapon Proficiencies: all simple and martial weapons

Passive Perception: 12

Langvages: Latin, Celtic

Class Featvres: Fighting Style (Two-Weapon Fighting), Second Wind (d10+4), Action Svrge
Archetype Featvres: Combat Svperiority (4d8), Manevvers (Evasive Footwork, Lvnging Attack, Riposte)
Feat: Dval Wielder

By Popvlar Demand: A gladiator is as mvch an entertainer as any minstrel or circvs performer, trained to make the arts of combat into a spectacle the crowd can enjoy. This kind of flashy combat is yovr entertainer rovtine, thovgh yov might also have some skills as a tvmbler or actor. Vsing yovr By Popvlar Demand featvre, yov can find a place to perform in any place that featvres combat for entertainment — perhaps a gladiatorial arena or secret pit fighting clvb.
Entertainer Rovtine: Gladiator

Personality Traits: “I love a good insvlt, even one directed at me.”
Ideals: “I’m only in it for the money and fame.”
Bonds: “I want to be famovs, whatever it takes.”
Flaws: “I’ll do anything to win fame and renown.”

Gear: Trident, gladivs, net, scalemail, a gladiator costvme, disgvise kit, cook’s vtensils, a war-drvm, a trinket of Brvtvs, a backpack, a rope (50ft), a crowbar, hammer, 10 pitons, 10 torches, a tinderbox, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin, 14gp.

PTOLEMAEVS:

Alignment: Chaotic Nevtral
Backgrovnd: Sage
Class: Warlock 4
Patron: The Black Pharaoh (The Great Old One)

STR 08 (-1), DEX 14 (+2), CON 12 (+1), INT 16 (+3), WIS 8 (-1), CHA 18 (+4)

Initiative: +2
Armor Class: 13
Hit Points: 27

Saving Throw Proficiencies: WIS & CHA
Skill Proficiencies: Arcana, History, Investigation, Medicine, and Natvre
Armor Proficiencies: light armor
Weapon Proficiencies: all simple weapons

Passive Perception: 9

Langvages: Latin, AEgyptian, Aramaic, Ionic

Class Featvres: Otherwordly Patron (The Great Old One), Pact Magic, Eldritch Invocations (Agonizing Blast, Scrolls [Book] of Ancient Secrets), Pact of the Scrolls (Tome)
Patron Featvres: Expanded Spell List, Awakened Mind
Feat: Keen Mind

Researcher: When yov attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if yov do not know that information, yov often know where and from whom yov can obtain it. Vsvally, this information comes from a library, scriptorivm, vniversity, or a sage or other learned person or creatvre. Yovr DM might rvle that the knowledge yov seek is secreted away in an almost inaccessible place, or that it simply cannot be fovnd. Vnearthing the deepest secrets of the mvltiverse can reqvire an adventvre or even a whole campaign.
Specialty: Alchimist

Personality Traits: “I vse polysyllabic words that convey the impression of great ervdition.”
Ideals: “Nothing shovld fetter the infinite possibility inherent in all existence.”
Bonds: “I sold my sovl for knowledge. I hope to do great deeds and win it back.”
Flaws: “Most people scream and rvn when they see a demon. I stop and take notes on its anatomy.”

Cantrips: Blade ward, eldritch blast, gvidance, mending, trve strike, viciovs mockery.
Spells - Level 1 (2 total): *Detect magic (Ritval only), dissonant whispers, identify (Ritval only), tasha’s hideovs lavghter, vnseen servant. *
Spells - Level 2 (2 total): *Clovd of tentacles @, phantasmal force. *

Gear: Scrolls (Tome) of ancient secrets, daggers [2], leather armor, a set of common clothes, a bottle of black ink, a qvill, a small knife, a letter from a dead colleagve posing a qvestion you have not yet been able to answer, a backpack, a rope (50ft), a crowbar, hammer, 10 pitons, 10 torches, a tinderbox, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin, 8gp.

@ as clovd of daggers, bvt deals blvdgeoning damage instead

SIBYLLA:

Alignment: Lawfvl Nevtral
Backgrovnd: Hermit
Class: Cleric 4
Domain: Oracle (Knowledge)

STR 8 (-1), DEX 14 (+2), CON 10 (+0), INT 14 (+2), WIS 18 (+4), CHA 12 (+1)

Initiative: +7
Armor Class: 16
Hit Points: 23

Saving Throw Proficiencies: WIS & CHA
Skill Proficiencies: Arcana (x2), History (x2), Insight, Investigation, Medicine, Natvre, and Religion
Tool Proficiencies: Herbalism Kit
Armor Proficiencies: light and medivm armor, shields
Weapon Proficiencies: all simple weapons

Passive Perception: 14

Langvages: Latin, AEgyptian, Ionic

Class Featvres: Spellcasting, Divine Domain (Knowledge), Channel Divinity (1x/Long Rest), Channel Divinity: Tvrn Vndead
Domain Featvres: Knowledge Domain Spells, Blessings of Knowledge (Arcana & History), Channel Divinty: Knowledge of the Ages
Feat: Alert

Discovery: The qviet seclvsion of yovr extended hermitage gave yov access to a vniqve and powerfvl discovery. The exact natvre of this revelation depends on the natvre of yovr seclvsion. It might be a great trvth abovt the cosmos, the deities, the powerfvl beings of the ovter planes, or the forces of natvre. It covld be a site that no one else has ever seen. Yov might have vncovered a fact that has long been forgotten, or vnearthed some relic of the past that covld rewrite history. It might be information that wovld be damaging to the people who or consigned yov to exile, and hence the reason for yovr retvrn to society.
Life of Seclvsion: I was partaking of commvnal living in accordance with the dictates of a religiovs order.

Personality Traits: “I see omens in every event and action. The gods try to speak to vs, we jvst need to listen.”
Ideals: “The ancient traditions of worship and sacrifice mvst be preserved and vpheld.”
Bonds: “I wovld die to recover an ancient relic of my faith that was lost long ago.”
Flaws: “Once I pick a goal, I become obsessed with it to the detriment of everything else in my life.”

Cantrips: Gvidance, sacred flame, spare the dying, thavmatvrgy.
Spells - Level 1 (4 slots): Bane, bless, command, detect magic, healing word, identify, shield of faith.
Spells - Level 2 (3 slots): Avgvry, enhance ability, find traps, protection from poison, svggestion.

Gear: Holy symbol of Apollo, daggers [2], scalemail, herbalism kit, a scroll case stvffed fvll of notes from yovr prayers, a backpack, a blanket, a winter blanket, 10 candles, a tinderbox, an alms box, 7 sticks of incense, a censer, vestments, 2 days of rations, and a waterskin, 5gp.

does this mean 4 characters max?

Does this mean that this is really Cthulhu Invictus in disguise?

probably, unless I will build another one during lunchbreak, which seems unlikely
:frowning:

I really thought about using C.I. for this one-shot :laughing:
but I did not do it, because designing D&D-like spells for C.I. and a “Ec tu Brute” ability for the Rouge as well as a Trident/Net combat style for the Gladiator seemed to be more work than necessary … and I wanted to try D&D 5 anyway :wink:

I am in!

Sounds awesome!

Would like to be in, but we’ll see how many players are there already :'D

I can dm it several times :nerd:

it is build as an “Tournament Module”, just to test this, since I have never run such a thing (except in L5R and those were very different)

the first group managed to finish the dungeon and claimed the treasure for themselves

wuhuuu :slight_smile:

p.s.: I updated and posted the statblocks of all the characters

Better to be lucky than good!

Mvch fvn was had - thank yov!

:smiley: thanks

I built another player character, a ranger :laughing:

DIXena

XENA:

Alignment: Chaotic Good
Backgrovnd: Ovtlander
Class: Ranger 4
Archetype: Hvnter

STR 12 (+1), DEX 18 (+4), CON 14 (+2), INT 10 (+0), WIS 14 (+2), CHA 8 (-1)

Initiative: +4
Armor Class: 15
Hit Points: 36

Saving Throw Proficiencies: STR & DEX
Skill Proficiencies: Investigation, Natvre, Perception, Stealth and Svrvival
Tool Proficiencies: Horn
Armor Proficiencies: light and medivm armor, shields
Weapon Proficiencies: all simple and martial weapons

Passive Perception: 14

Langvages: Latin, Aramaic, Ionic.

Class Featvres: Favovred Enemy: Monstrosities, Natvral Explorer (Desert), Fighting Style (Archery), Spellcasting, Primeval Awareness
Archetype Featvres: Hvnter’s Prey (Collosvs Slayer)
Feat: Sharpshooter

Wanderer: Yov have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and yov can always recall the general layovt of terrain, settlements, and other featvres arovnd yov. In addition, yov can find food and fresh water for yovrself and vp to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.
Origin: Tribal-Maravder.

Personality Traits: “I watch over my friends as if they were a litter of newborn pvps.”
Ideals: “Life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we mvst change with it.”
Bonds: “I am the last of my tribe, and it is vp to me to ensvre their names enter legend.”
Flaws: “Violence is my answer to almost any challenge.”

Spells - Level 1 (3 slots): Cvre wovnds, hvnter’s mark, jvmp.

Gear: Longbow, qviver with 20 arrows, gladivs, chakram*, leather armor, a set of traveler clothes, a staff, a hvnting trap, a trophy from an animal yov killed, a war-horn, a backpack, a rope (50ft), a crowbar, hammer, 10 pitons, 10 torches, a tinderbox, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin, 7gp.

* stats as dagger, bvt it is a martial weapon, deals slashing damage instead and retvrns after being thrown

This sovnds so fvn! :mrgreen:

RESVLTS:

i hope you had fun :blush:

if you have any questions and/or want the sollution to the “stuff” you were facing
write me a PM :slight_smile:

:tada: simply the best :tada:

GJsoft (fighter), -H- (warlock), KauraKuitu (rogue):
Special: gueststar darthkiwi; solved it with pure luck, but kudos nevertheless!!! Congrats!!!

… the other groups got …

S_Journ’s Birthday Party:
Special: they cracked the Jackpot, but they killed their own cleric

Auburney (rogue), Chylli (fighter), Hildi (warlock):
Special: Had a romance subplot as a sidequest at the end^^

DoomCarrot (warlock), GodKingTom (fighter), Ulex (rogue):
Special: DoomCarrot cracked the Jackpot twice … kinda :slight_smile:

The Dungeonslayers:
Special: they aggroed every monstery they could find

Alrik (rogue), Dominik (fighter), Simon (warlock):
Special: Solved all the rooms; had the most epic ending possible

The 5th Year anniversary group:
Special: they also went for the most epic ending; one player even lost two characters

Scoring in Spoiler tags

Playing the Adventure: +100

The Party consists of 3 PCs: +5

The Party consists of 4 PCs: +0

The Party consists of 5 PCs: -5

For every Gemstone looted: +1

For every Gemstone thrown into the Fountain: +1

For every Gemstone kept as loot till the end: +4

For every Magic Item looted: +1* (* except Potions & Salves)

For every looted Magic Item kept till the end: +2* (* except Potions & Salves)

Looting all the Salves from the ‘Satyrs’: +4

Looting all the Potions in the ‘Laboratory’: +4

For every PC dropping to 0HP or below: -5* (* adds only once per PC)

For every PC killed: -5* (* cumulative with above)

Total Party Kill: -10* (* extra; adds only once per Party; cumulative with both above)

For every PC “lost”, but theoretically still alive at the end of the adventure: -2

Total Party “Lost”: -10* (* extra; adds only once per Party; cumulative with above)

Reviving a dead PC: +5* (* adds only once per dead PC; reviving not reanimating)

Reanimate a PC as an Undead: +5* (* except if the Undead PC is under the control of a NPC)

Getting cursed by a God: -10

Gaining the blessing of an Olympian God: +10* (* adds only once)

Finding a true ally in the Dungeon: +10* (* adds only once per room)

Freeing the Demon Lord: -50

Defeating/Tricking the Demon Lord: +40* (* adds to the penalty of freeing him; this is basically impossible)

The Dungeon explodes: -40

Looting the Platinum Discus: +100

thanks for playing : )

You say tom-ay-to, I say tom-ah-to. You say pure luck, I say resourcefulness … High five, Kaura, GJ and Kiwi!

OK, there may have been a tiny bit of luck involved …

Thanks for running this, Darth!

Wuhuuu “A Challenger Appears” :mrgreen:

but GJsoft (fighter), -H- (warlock), and KauraKuitu (rogue) are still number one