Tournament II Sign-up

[quote=“Kaylossus”]I’m comming back from summer holidays tomorrow. I’m up for either date, although, if some people are more comfortable on the 16th, I’d be willing to fill out the group for sure! :slight_smile:

Any plans to run anything besides the tournament on the 9th?[/quote]
I will try to run something on the 16th, dunno about the 9th though.

Perhaps Simon could run something (with monkeys) this week? I’ll slot him on the 16th in any case to allow for the possibility.

Full list coming shortly.

All righty, here’s the slate. Note that this may still be subject to significant change. (When people ask me what I do these days, I tell them I’m an event organizer.)

Oct. 9
Alrik
Darthbinks
Darthkiwi
GJSoft
Katharina
Kaylossus
Tam
Thopthes

Oct. 16
Amlash
Auburney
Bazhell
Icewind
Kurfürst
Neil
Podro
Simon
Tom (Australian Version)

You’ll notice that there are more people scheduled for day two; this is to account for possible cancellations. (And for the fact that as of now, we’re 17. You knew we’d wind up with a prime number, didn’t you?)

Right now, four teams of four seems like the most likely outcome, but one more question for you: All else being equal, would you prefer to play in smaller groups with more downtime or larger groups with less? Hypothetically, say 3 groups of 3 vs. 2 groups of 4 in one evening?

As to the other questions, I’m rather glad that the general tenor seems to be to play for laughs and bragging rights rather than anything material. (There may, however, be some sort of entirely symbolic, just-for-fun reward for the winners. Or maybe not.)

And I’ll again be running more than one table at a time. Hey, it’s only fair to put the DM under a bit of stress, too, considering what’s in store for the players …

Anyway, please let me know if any of these dates don’t work for you, whether you’d prefer to play with somebody listed on another date, etc. And thanks again for your input and flexibility. Both are appreciated more than you know.

Yay multitasking is the spirit

Good luck to all of you : )

Hi all! Sorry me and Katharina have been very, VERY out of the loop lately - it’s been a bit of a hectic summer! But as H has noted we’d both love to come to the tournament! So hopefully we’ll see (some of) you come Thursday.

Re: group size - I think 4 is a perfectly fine group size, so if choosing between 3 groups of 3 or 2 groups of 4, I’d choose the groups of 4. If it looks like groups will edge into 5 or 6 people then I’d want to split them, though.

What’d be the starting time roughly? (I will certainly have to leave before midnight, ideally 11 PMish)

Good question. I’ll be there at 5, and groups can start as soon as there are enough people (allowing for those who wish to play together).

If anybody has to leave early, just let me know beforehand and we’ll be sure to kill you off, er, get you through in time. :astonished:

[quote="-H-"][quote=“Kurfürst”]
If anybody has to leave early, just let me know beforehand and we’ll be sure to kill you off, er, get you through in time. :astonished:[/quote][/quote]

My characters do have the unlucky tendency to stumble into ravines or check the dragons mouth for halitosis…

All seems fine. Was worried this week’s scheduling may screw me over, but thankfully, that did not happen.
Looking forward to that Columbian Confession ™.
Groups of 4 are fine enough as far as I’m concerned.

:smiling_imp:

Interested to see how Double DM works out :smiley:

It may even wind up being triple Dming for at least part of the evening.

We’re now at 18 players, +/-, and there’s a strong consensus for no more than four people in a party (which I agree is wise).

I’m now leaning toward six groups of three, a size that worked well last year. This would come at the price of increased downtime (aka planningtime, beertime …), although staggered begin times would mitigate this to a certain degree.

Thoughts?

Just found out I don’t work late on the 9th. I’ll be able to be there 5pm +/- 10 min.
(still can’t make it on the 16th)

Got room for one more?

Hi! Turns out I can’t make it for tomorrow after all, any chance of moving me to the 16th? (Hope it’s still not too late to ask :frowning: )

Hugs

Hi
I’m super late :smiley: but I would like to join either of the days, if it’s possible. If not don’t worry.

I was also thinking that it could be nice to play tomorrow even for the people who are not playing in the tournament. If there is no one DM-ing, it could be fun to play something else: I could bring my Magic the Gathering cards. But beware that I stopped playing when the “prehistoric” Ice Age edition came up. Anyone interested?

See you At 5 tomorrow!

Looks like we (Tom, Leo and me) are going to show up around 6pm.

Yes …

[size=87]Yes …[/size]

[size=80]Yes …[/size]

Right, we’ve had a few more sign-ups and a couple availability changes, but we’re not going to let little things like that stop us, are we?

Everybody scheduled for tomorrow is still on, with the exception of Tam. There may be others added to tomorrow’s slate. Please check your inboxes tomorrow morning if you’re able. Thank you.

As to party size … well, the first AD&D Open at GenCon had teams of nine. I’m sorely tempted …

See you tomorrow!

He, Tam, if you are playing on the 16th, maybe we could reform last year’s team?

Remember the part about this being subject to significant changes?

Here’s where we are now:

Oct. 9

5:30
Captain Hindsight
GJSoft
Icewind
Kaylossus

6:30
Alrik
Darthbinks
Thopthes
Tom (Australian version)

7:30
Darthkiwi
Katharina
Kaurakuitu
Simon

Oct. 16
Amlash
Auburney
Bazhell
Kurfürst
Neil
Podro
Siobhan
Tam

This should be the final list (whew), although today’s groups might still be shuffled if somebody arrives early or late. (Last years champions will in any case play together.) If you’re able to arrive earlier than your starting time, you’ll have a chance to familiarize yourself with your character.

Good luck, everyone!