Fantasy Miniatures/Figures for Playing

Actually, there are lots of people on here that do a lovely job painting. Maybe an exchange of favors could be arranged (but not me. I’ve never painted a mini in my life).

I now found a mini that would interest me. Now to see how to get it, and maybe find someone to paint it for me…

Here’s the mini: reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/02161

“Sorry. Something’s not quite right here.”

Hmm…

In the end I ordered two minis from Reaper.
reapermini.com/Miniatures/Le … down/20034
reapermini.com/Miniatures/02 … down/02161

(these links seem to work)

Shipping options were interesting: USPS Priority @ $35, USPS First Class @ $10 or UPS Saver for $175?

All stated 2 to 3 weeks of transit.

The fella with the two axes looks like a DREAM to paint. For a start, he’s practically in his birthday suit and secondly he’s got outstretched arms. Painting Space Marine’s armpits with their MASSIVE shoulderpads made me invent some new swearwords.

And UPS “Saver”, are they having a laugh?

Is that an offer, Neil?

@UPS Saver: My thoughts, exactly!

A small-ish update:

One of the two packages of the shipment arrived, in it the Pathfinder Beginners Box Heroes. So one of the things I ordered for you arrived pretty early.
Could be that the other package is held in customs. I’ll see that in a few days.

So, do you order often from Paizo?

Let’s say, somebody would like to order a particular book, could that be arranged?

I have a subscription to some product lines from Paizo.
Adding in a book to a monthly shipment should not be a problem, when the store is up.

Wonderful. Please, let me know when it does.

Also, I am thinking about adding some minis to the mix, while I am at it. Do you know if there is any target order value? For example, an amount beyond which shipping price are lowered?

Now the shop is online again.

The book you linked to is only available as print/PDF bundle, where I can get you the PDF. If you are okay with that, I will add it to my next shipment (mid July).

As for shipping cost: that depends on the other items of my subscription, so it’s not easy to tell. As I said before, if the order value is above $100, there is a discount on shipping costs, but usually I have to pay duty on those shipments, which more than negates the discount.

Yeah; the PDF would be nice, as I could start looking at it immediatly but I’d also like a hard copy…
I’d presumably had the beginner mini box to that order and maybe a few singles…

I’m sorry, mistyped there. I CAN’T get you the PDF, as it would be watermarked to my name. I’m not comfortable sending out a watermarked PDF.

I have bad news guys:

I still haven’t received the second package of the order containing your minis.
I’m now officially worried, as today I got a shipment from an order shipped Jul 10th.

Contacting the Paizo Customer Service has been a first measure, yet I still hope the parcel took a detour to Australia and comes to me in the next days.

I hope it’s not lost in customs or something, but its possible.

I will keep you up to date, as soon as I myself know something.

anything to keep up to date?

Lets see… the replacement package shipped out Aug 29th (after hanging in ordering limbo somewhere in the Paizo system).
At the earliest, I expect the shipment towards the end of next week.

It seems like the original shipment fell off the plain or something. That’s the second package I didn’t get from Paizo, in over 5 years of regular monthly shipments. About half of that time I got more than one parcel, so 2 out of close to 100 is not good, but not so bad that I don’t order there anymore.

The package that my mother sent way back in May ultimately got turned around and ended up back in DC – the US Postal Service had put a sticker over part of the address.

I’m guessing something similar happened here.

Who would have guessed that: I just came home to find the replacement package sitting in my Mailbox (yes, it’s large enough for that). And without having to pay customs as well.

All but one of the minis finally showed up, the missing one seems to be unavailable at the time.

I’ll do the currency math tomorrow, and will be able to bring them to vienna from Thursday on. I’d propose to bring them to the trainstation Floridsdorf where we can safely make the money exchange. :wink:

Sounds good – this week is wide open for me!

Well, now that the minis are finally at the place they should be, something really strange happened:

The original, “lost in transit”-thought package arrived today, about a week after the replacement package.
From the looks of the parcel it went around the world one or two times, but the content is still in great condition.

I notified Paizo that I now have both packages, I’ll see what to make of that.

Anyway, I now have additional issues of the “Advanced Race Guide” Hardcover, the “Lost Kingdoms” Campaign setting softcover, Adventure Path #57: Tempest Rising (Skull&Shackles 3 of 6) and the Rise of the Runelords Face Cards (, as well as the minis ordered by Siobhan and AmLash)*. Anyone want anything from that list?

*) BTW, @ AmLash: the “D&D Miniatures—War Drums: Inspired Lieutenant”-Mini is now here as well. We’ll see about you getting it in time, right?