Drinks, conversation, and ... Space Station

I was under the impression there will. But a final confirmation from the authority would be nice

I’m not the authority, but I’m still up for a game tomorrow.

Still no idea what that game will be, but that’s a minor detail, right?

See you at 7?

Deal

Ok…I’ve reserved a table on “RPGVienna” @ Spielbar for us.

I’ll join you if I can at all make it! No promises though, just got back from a full-day rehearsal and training session, and will have another one tomorrow. Might just make it though… :slight_smile:

Looking forward to playing tonight. :slight_smile: Hope you can make it, Aurburney.

Same here :slight_smile:

Rob and I are in as well

Thanks for showing us Dread last night, -H-! That is one heck of a game. The Jenga mechanic rocks!

Next time less drinks for me though. I definitely had too many beers… :unamused:

Well, let’s get the discussion started about what we’re going to play next week.

Yesterday my all-time favorite game Primetime Adventures came up. It’s a game in which we first create the best TV show that never was and then play through several episodes (we can shorten this to one pilot of course) to see how the characters develop and if they can overcome their personal issues. Think Buffy, The Wire, Sopranos, Six Feet Under or Battlestar Galactica. As much fun as that is, I wouldn’t mind though if someone else could take the GM role, since I’m currently GMing another group on Wednesdays and I feel that might be wearing me out…

During a cigarette break Tam mentioned she would like to do a dungeon crawl. I still have a nice little campaign called Ashes of Athas for D&D4e. It’s a non-official D&D Encounters series that takes place in the Dark Sun setting and is probably very well suited for 4th edition newbies.

But again, I wouldn’t mind being a player!! What else can we do?

I’ve been reading up a bit and I discovered Universalis. Does anyone have any previous experiences with it?

Yes, once or twice. Compared to Lady Blackbird it’s a great deal more progressive in terms of player empowerment, which already tried to break down the traditional borders between GM and players. It’s fun and really more of a collaborative story writing than it is roleplaying.

Glad you enjoyed it! That was quite an intense game…

I’d be quite interested in Primetime Adventures. I’ve had the book on my shelf for a while, but haven’t had the chance to play yet. And the offer to run an old school dungeon crawl is still valid. Heck, I’d even play 4th ed. if a lot of alcohol were involved. (So yeah, I’m basically up for pretty much anything.)

Unfortunately, the next two Mondays are looking tricky for me, so unless there’s a workaround, that leaves me out anyway.

Well in that case I’d prefer to wait with PtA so you’re definitely in. But I’m at one with you in that I’d pretty much play anything! :smiley:

I can’t help much with the suggestions on what to play 'cause I know almost nothing about the available games + didn’t have much time to look for options :frowning:

Btw, since noone has much free time to prepare for GMing, maybe the best option before we start with the DitV or the PtA (PtA also sounds great btw! :slight_smile: ) is to do some of the GM-less games - like the one GJSoft proposed, Universalis? I’ve also seen a game called Mythic - does anyone know anything about it? Whatever we do, I hope it can involve Jenga - that was awesome -H-! :slight_smile:

See you soon guys :slight_smile:

Yeah, GMless games are a great solution for times where nobody really has enough time to prepare for anything.
I’d actually really like to run something short one of these days, but my lack of experience would probably make it painful for the players.

First time GMing will always be a jump into the deep end, so why not start with us? :stuck_out_tongue: We’re grateful game and very easily entertained, I’d say.

However, Universalis also might be a great game for next Monday. I’m afraid I don’t have a copy myself. Does anyone have one or at least the pdf? AFAIK it’s available on indiepressrevolution.com… My knowledge of the precise game mechanics is somewhat limited. It’s been at least more than 4 years since my last Universalis experience.

What is this “prepare” you speak of? :slight_smile:

Well, I certainly plan on doing something the next chance I get. I’d need to do some research first so I’m not sure if I could make it this monday.

Just wanted to ask: Is there going to be a game tomorrow?

What about this? That sounds fun!